Need help reassembling control unit governor spring

Yorston Bill

Forum Newbie
Threads
Was gifted a Honda HR215-HE, bought new wheels, blade, carb to freshen it up. while fumbling around the governor spring came off and not quite sure how it goes back together. Also the engine stop wire came out of the insulator, any way to repair this or do I need to replace it. New to the forum.

Yorston Bill

Forum Newbie
Threads
The symptom is the drive seems to work fine, when I engage the blade the engine dies, does not seem to get the rpms up enough. That's when I noticed the large spring from the bottom of the governor arm has a sage and looks to be stretched out, also the throttle return spring also seems to have some sag so I ordered both springs.

Can someone please advise if the governor spring is connected between the bottom of the governor arm and a plate to the left that has three small holes? do I connect the new spring to the center hole? why are there three?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
While they are all sort of similar Hondas do have subtle differences from engine to engine & we do not get the HE down here
So in general terms
When spinning the governor is always trying to CLOSE the throttle, not open it .
The spring on the bottom of the governor arm works agains the governor to keep the throttle open.
The throttle control, what ever it is puts tension on that spring.
When the motor is not running the governor arm will be in the fully open position so the governor spring will often be quite slack when the engine is off then go tight when the engine is running.
Different blade configurations need to run at different speeds so a lot of makers will put multiple holes at either end of the spring because it is cheaper to put 3 holes in every control than make 3 different controls ( nothing odd to find up to 10 holes )
Get some heat shrin if the wire has just pulled out of the insulation , but I am not really sure what you mean by this as I can not visualize what you are saying.

golfergordy

Threads
While they are all sort of similar Hondas do have subtle differences from engine to engine & we do not get the HE down here
So in general terms
When spinning the governor is always trying to CLOSE the throttle, not open it .
The spring on the bottom of the governor arm works agains the governor to keep the throttle open.
The throttle control, what ever it is puts tension on that spring.
When the motor is not running the governor arm will be in the fully open position so the governor spring will often be quite slack when the engine is off then go tight when the engine is running.
Different blade configurations need to run at different speeds so a lot of makers will put multiple holes at either end of the spring because it is cheaper to put 3 holes in every control than make 3 different controls ( nothing odd to find up to 10 holes )
Get some heat shrin if the wire has just pulled out of the insulation , but I am not really sure what you mean by this as I can not visualize what you are saying.
Pictures help a lot