Need Help, Please. Model 10252 SilverPro. Primer Issues.

hotajax

Threads
  • / Need Help, Please. Model 10252 SilverPro. Primer Issues.
Good afternoon. Having a devil of a time getting this thing fixed so it will start when I mash the primer button a few times. Mower starts just fine when I remove the air filter and give it a short squirt of ether straight into the carb. Runs all afternoon, so that rules out fuel supply and ignition problems.

I need to see a diagram of how the primer line is routed to the nipple on the carb. I'm also unsure if I am missing any parts.

What is the INSIDE DIAMETER of the primer line that fits to the nipple on the carb?

Is Tygon line acceptable for use in primer line?

Does anyone know where I can find a good step-by-step instruction of how to remove the carb?. All the Videos I've seen about carb repair have the carb off already, or they are not specific to this model.

Lots of questions here, thanks very much.

intruder1500

Threads
Check my May 13th post and look for the Duraforce engine file on the link...it may be what you are looking for

hotajax

Threads
Intruder: thanks. I found the manual for my engine. It was helpful on how to remove the carb, not much on how the primer line gets routed. Manual simply says, "replace it" if it's not working. I think at this point, I probably need some really flexible fuel line to fit under the carb linkage. And then really push it down hard onto the nipple on the carb. So thanks, buddy, I owe you a cold one.

intruder1500

Threads
I'm having the same issue and ended up taking it to a lawn boy guru....hopefully a solution. Fortunately my second 10525 is working great.

hotajax

Threads
Strange how Lawnboy / Toro doesn't have the info out there. I did find a video on youtube that showed a guy from another forum just removing the primer hose from the carb with a needle nose pliers by yanking like hell until the hose popped off. He removed the entire carb first to do it. Are we sure that Lawnboy wasn't made in France? Those people have a tendency to make things unnecessarily difficult to assemble, don't they? Good luck with your machine, let me know what the lawnboy guru did ( besides charge you a ton of money ) to fix it. Thanks for your help. Hotajax

intruder1500

Threads
Strange how Lawnboy / Toro doesn't have the info out there. I did find a video on youtube that showed a guy from another forum just removing the primer hose from the carb with a needle nose pliers by yanking like hell until the hose popped off. He removed the entire carb first to do it. Are we sure that Lawnboy wasn't made in France? Those people have a tendency to make things unnecessarily difficult to assemble, don't they? Good luck with your machine, let me know what the lawnboy guru did ( besides charge you a ton of money ) to fix it. Thanks for your help. Hotajax
Don't know if this comment from another forum will be of any help as follows:

All I know is it forces air into the carb bowl chamber which in turn pushes the fuel up through the nozzle into the venturi where it can be received into the engine. If you look in the carb opening on a mower with a working primer you can see the fuel squirt up from the nozzle when you prime the mower.

hotajax

Threads
Don't know if this comment from another forum will be of any help as follows:

All I know is it forces air into the carb bowl chamber which in turn pushes the fuel up through the nozzle into the venturi where it can be received into the engine. If you look in the carb opening on a mower with a working primer you can see the fuel squirt up from the nozzle when you prime the mower.
Now I know it's not supposed to squirt in fuel from the tank. Thanks

hotajax

Threads
Intruder: Mine is fixed. What I did:
Buy OEM Lawnboy primer bulb, don't buy that hard plastic primer bulb they sell on ebay and tell you it's for Lawnboy. It may fit, but it won't work. The Lawnboy one is bigger volume, too. It's way more flexible.

Buy flexible 3/32 vacuum line. it's only carrying air, so it really doesn't need to be fuel resistant. I bought the genuine Lawnboy part and it kept popping off. Just go buy a piece of bulk vacuum line.

When you route the primer line, the trick is to put it in that little one inch long bracket that is mounted on the same nipple the FUEL line goes to. Tilt the bracket slightly backwards so that the primer line doesn't obstruct the movement of the carb linkage.

I'm also going to put a real small wire tie around the nipple that the primer line mounts. Might stay on there a little longer. But, it started on first pull

There was someone who said there is no hole in the the nipple that mounts to the primer line. There absolutely is a hole. Just hit it with some carb cleaner and you'll see it. Lemme know if ya got any more questions.

PS: Moosehead tastes like old skunks.

Last edited: