Need help locating genuine B&S carb for Toro power clear model 38584 please..

spazatac

Member
Hello folks..

After the summer in the shed, my Toro power clear 38584 had a gas stain under the carb on the floor. It still runs fine, but after 12 years of use, I think it might be time for a new carburetor.

The Toro power clear 38584 serial number is 310003440 which brings me to this toro page. But the carb isn't available and says go to www.briggsandstratton.com and that's where I'm unsure if part number 0842330199-E8 is the engine or carb because the search results bring up nothing..

Can anyone with knowledge of locating B&S carbs give me a hand please?

Thanks
 
Briggs part number for that carburetor is

801396​

Also check your engine oil for the smell of gasoline. just in case the carburetor has been leaking fuel into the combustion chamber.
 
Briggs part number for that carburetor is

801396​

Also check your engine oil for the smell of gasoline. just in case the carburetor has been leaking fuel into the combustion chamber.

Thanks Scrubcadet10..

It's got a two stroke engine..

I believe you, but that 801396 still doesn't come up when searching the B&S site.. It did come up on amazon for $135 though.
 
View attachment 62640
View attachment 62641

The price on Amazon is the trade price that Power Distributor sell these to none dealer shop. The list price is the $155 price that local shops charges the customers if they go by the list price.






Is it worth getting the genuine B&S? I see others for a fraction of the price. But one time I bought a no name carb for a stihl blower and it was totally different. Should I remove the bowl and see if a piece of junk got stuck in the jet in the 12 year old carb?
 
I'd see if the original carb is repairable, (it all depends on YOUR skill set). if not, i'd buy the OEM. i've had 75/25 luck with aftermarket carbs. 25% being the good ones.
 
Back
Top