Need help identify

Thisdadmows

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello I recently ran into a problem where my tensioner puller broke on my deck. After looking for a model number I found the sticker is just white under the seat with no information. Is there any other way to identify this model number so I can get the part numbers I need to order these parts? The mower has a 12.5 hp Briggs and Stratton in it model number 285707. It is a 38 inch cut wide body with a hydrostatic drive. I personally have owned it for 5 years but I have no clue how old it is past that.

Thisdadmows

Forum Newbie
Threads
I tried to add photos but it won’t let me.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Get a digital camera - NOT YOUR PHONE and photograph the sticker outside in the daylight from a variety of angles .
Then load it into any photo manipulation app you have and increase the contrast ,
The numbers will suddenly appear.
Occasionally I have to invert ( make white black ) some apps call this "make negative "

Thisdadmows

Forum Newbie
Threads
Get a digital camera - NOT YOUR PHONE and photograph the sticker outside in the daylight from a variety of angles .
Then load it into any photo manipulation app you have and increase the contrast ,
The numbers will suddenly appear.
Occasionally I have to invert ( make white black ) some apps call this "make negative "
I will give that a shot. I’m not sure there is anything left to try it with but we shall see. The sticker is about half way gone and completely white

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The human eye can no resolve almost white on not quite white but the camera can.
Even if the top printed bit is gone the camera will pick up the difference between the faded region that had no print and the region which had print so did not fade
it should be 38x??????
The other way is the briggs engine serial number
The first 6 digits are the date code yymmdd
Once you know that you can go to Parttree or Jackssmallengines parts lookup and select Murray then go to the year of the engine .