Need advise on a ZD221

sjm1580

Threads
I am ready to pull the trigger on a new zd221 with a 48 inch deck. We have some tight spots throughout the yard and I felt the smaller deck would help in that reguard. I wanted to get some feedback on the machine and thoughts on the smaller mower deck.

Is the deck to small, in that you cannot mow tight to obstacles as the deck does not stick out far enough from the tires?

Any thoughts on if the mower lift, is a worthwhile addition?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Steve

Threads
I am ready to pull the trigger on a new zd221 with a 48 inch deck. We have some tight spots throughout the yard and I felt the smaller deck would help in that reguard. I wanted to get some feedback on the machine and thoughts on the smaller mower deck.

Is the deck to small, in that you cannot mow tight to obstacles as the deck does not stick out far enough from the tires?

Steve

I think with a 48 in. mower deck you will be able to get pretty close to obstacles, but you will have to be careful because your tires will be very close to them, too.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads

Steve

I know that this is a little late but I have a ZG222 with the 48" deck and I love it.

I also have a ZD326 with the 60" deck as well. I love that one as well. My only regret on my little mower is that I wish it was the ZD221 with the 48 instead of the ZG222. Not because the gas mower is bad but because the diesel is so awesome and efficent.

Idlewild

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just got my ZD221 with 54" deck delivered yesterday. What an awesome machine! I mow about 2 acres and finished last night in about 1hr-20min. This used to require over 2 hours with my Wheel-Horse 520H 48" deck.

Jekjr, if you haven't got your machine yet, go for it. It's one He....er heck of a ride! If you have never used a ZTR before it takes some getting used to, you tend to over-compensate a lot, but the key is to relax and mow in an open space then try trimming close to stuff, you'll be a lot happier.

sjm1580

Threads
Picked up my zd221 - 48 yesterday and was able to mow about a 100' patch between downpours today. Although not a significant test drive I can tell you it is one fine chunk of machinery. I have a B3200 TLB and this motor is quieter. Can't wait to get out and mow some real estate.