Need a Mikuni carb repair kit, but which one?

tea3803

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have a Craftsman DLT 3000 riding mower with a Honda 16.5 hp overhead cam V-Twin engine. The engine has a Mikuni carb of unknown stock number.

Worked an exercise in futility trying to match up a repair kit to the carb. I know you want the part number but I only have custody on weekends I will get that info in a couple days, I hope. If anyone has any kit information it certainly would be appreciated. lol I can add is that it has two throats (I think the the right term).

Thanks for any suggestions, etc..

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
That should be a GCV530 engine,
i looked through the a few different serial # diagrams, it doesn't appear there is a carb repair kit, just a gasket kit for it.
See if you can locate model info of the engine, as when i look up the DLT3000, it shows a Single cylinder flat head engine being used.

tea3803

Forum Newbie
Threads
Will do but it may take till Friday or Saturday. Thanks for the reply,

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Honda does not normally have complete kits like what you are wanting. You have to purchase the gasket set and then the float valve, mounting gaskets, any adjustment screws that are designed to break off if you try to tamper with them separately.

Something to look for is figure out what parts you need plus your time and compare that cost to the cost of a complete carb. parts plus labor can be more than a complete carb, or in some cases the gasket set plus float valve is more than the complete carb.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
No problem.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Buy the Carb. it will save you a lot of head ache.