MZT 52 changing drive oil

oleblu72

Threads
Hello all Today I attempted to change the oil in my drives. After I finally got my filters off (it took two filter wrench's on the left side to get it off) I removed the left side vent plug and the right side I couldn't get to the plug. I started adding oil until it came out of the left side plug, once I installed the left side plug the system wouldn't take any more oil I have probably have at least 3 quarts in there right now. My question is if by tomorrow morning if the level hasn't
dropped any lower would it be safe to proceed with lifting the mower and running the drives back and forth like the manual tells you to do or could I damage my drives? I'm going to have to pull the belts off as the manual says and hopefully be able to get to the vent plug doing this. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Mark

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Hello all Today I attempted to change the oil in my drives. After I finally got my filters off (it took two filter wrench's on the left side to get it off) I removed the left side vent plug and the right side I couldn't get to the plug. I started adding oil until it came out of the left side plug, once I installed the left side plug the system wouldn't take any more oil I have probably have at least 3 quarts in there right now. My question is if by tomorrow morning if the level hasn't
dropped any lower would it be safe to proceed with lifting the mower and running the drives back and forth like the manual tells you to do or could I damage my drives? I'm going to have to pull the belts off as the manual says and hopefully be able to get to the vent plug doing this. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Mark
Jack up the mower and place on jack stands. Start it up and slowly push steering arms forward and backwards while pumps are bypassed. Keep an eye on oil reservoirs and add oil as necessary. When purging hydros, I move steering arm backwards and forwards 5 times at idle, then repeat at medium throttle, and wide open throttle (while bypassed). Then close bypass and repeat procedure again, continuing to keep an eye on oil level.

oleblu72

Threads
Jack up the mower and place on jack stands. Start it up and slowly push steering arms forward and backwards while pumps are bypassed. Keep an eye on oil reservoirs and add oil as necessary. When purging hydros, I move steering arm backwards and forwards 5 times at idle, then repeat at medium throttle, and wide open throttle (while bypassed). Then close bypass and repeat procedure again, continuing to keep an eye on oil level.

Thanks Tiger appreciate it, that's what I was going to do if I didn't hear anything. Hopefully more oil drained from the expansion tank overnight. What is the proper way to get to the vent plug take off the motor belt tension pully to gain access to the vent plug. Thanks again Tiger.

Mark

oleblu72

Threads

Mark

Everything is kosher. It runs just like I didn't even lay my hands on it!

Mark