MZT 52 center blade low on right side

Racerjoe

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a fairly new (29 hours) MZT 52. Worked with the deck and got it to where it was cutting pretty level. A few weeks later it seems to be gapping my yard. The right side of the center blade is cutting about 1 inch lower than the right outer blade. Looked at the pulley system on the deck and everything seems to be correct. The only thing I have noticed is that the left and center spindles have about 1/16 to 1/32 up and down free play. The right spindle has no free play.
Should these spindles have enough free play in the to where you can hear it “clunking” when you pull up and down on the spindle shaft, pulley or when pushing up on the blades? (All being the same thing... you can see the shaft free play when you lift it up and down). I guess anything is possible but could these spindles actually have enough free play in them to allow the blade tip to flex that much at full rpm?
thanks.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Should have no play in the spindle shafts. Did you purchase this new? If so I suggest you have it serviced under warranty. Can you provide us with the model and serial numbers so we can see the deck.

Racerjoe

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here is the model number

Attachments

• 07E5B032-A4F9-4901-B488-D935191628AB.jpeg
    07E5B032-A4F9-4901-B488-D935191628AB.jpeg
    50.8 KB · Views: 1

Racerjoe

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here is the model number
Sorry.... yes I bought it new.... was just going to fix it myself if it were an easy fix but it is starting to sound like 2 spindles may be going bad (at 29 hours)

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Definitely need to have it serviced by your dealer. At 29 hrs. this is far from normal and you may have multiple problems. Even after you get it back I would keep a very close eye on it.

Racerjoe

Forum Newbie
Threads
Definitely need to have it serviced by your dealer. At 29 hrs. this is far from normal and you may have multiple problems. Even after you get it back I would keep a very close eye on it.
Thanks, I will try to find the papers where I bought it and then try to find a nearby repair place

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And send them an email when you book the mower in outlining your problems then either print it out & staple it to your receipt or store it on the computer where you can find it again.
If indeed you got a Monday morning hangover special it helps to have things written down warranty claims wise.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Racerjoe, please let us know the outcome. Have you had the OEM blades off to sharpen or replace them? I've got an MZ 52 which I think has the same deck, and it uses blades that have that 'star' shaped center hole. I'm wondering if the left and center blades are not seated properly. That wouldn't account for a full inch of mismatch but I'm puzzled as to how this could occur.