Export thread

my new edger has an orange guard

Z

zmister11

The new fc 90 edger I bought has the orange guard on it. And it's plastic... how well do you guys think this will hold up? Considering their normally metal?

Attachments

Nwatson99

Nwatson99

Time will tell, but weed eaters with plastic guards take major beatings as well and have held up for the life of the weed eater.

Well, my vintage Troy-Bilt weed eater is still getting it done...About 9 yrs old.. No issue with plastic guard, I'm only operator tho,.

Z

zmister11

Time will tell, but weed eaters with plastic guards take major beatings as well and have held up for the life of the weed eater.

Yeah that's true

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

The new fc 90 edger I bought has the orange guard on it. And it's plastic... how well do you guys think this will hold up? Considering their normally metal?

In my opinion it should hold up fine. The guard on my Echo edger is plastic as well, and it has held up fine (though I don't have much use on it). I think since the debris kind of rotates with the edger blade there isn't that much "pressure" on the guard.

fwiw: I wouldn't use an Edger or weed wacker without wearing Safety Glasses.. (just saying)..

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

fwiw: I wouldn't use an Edger or weed wacker without wearing Safety Glasses.. (just saying)..

Yeah I wouldn't do it without eye or ear protection either. The guard definitely helps, but it doesn't get everything.

Z

zmister11

I always wear sunglasses lol. I'm not trying to go blind.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I always wear sunglasses lol. I'm not trying to go blind.

Technically what I wear are sunglasses, but they are the impact - resistant kind.

Z

zmister11

Technically what I wear are sunglasses, but they are the impact - resistant kind.

Yeah same here. Mine are from home depot

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Yeah same here. Mine are from home depot

I think mine might be, too.

Z

zmister11

I think mine might be, too.

Do they have a yellow tint? Mine do and I love it. It makes it look brighter out lol

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Do they have a yellow tint? Mine do and I love it. It makes it look brighter out lol

No mine don't. I thought I got them there, but not positive. I think mine might be 3M. I know I got 2 pairs, one I love, and the other I don't because I know it sounds weird, but the one pair didn't sit on my nose right. :confused2:

Z

zmister11

No they don't. I thought I got them there, but not positive. I think mine might be 3M. I know I got 2 pairs, one I love, and the other I don't because I know it sounds weird, but the one pair didn't sit on my nose right. :confused2:

Yep I know what you're talking about not sittin right