Export thread

My first post. I want to build one of these

chadihman

chadihman

Hi everyone. I want to build a diesel garden tractor puller in the worst way. I grew up on a dairy farm and have been running tractors all my life. I enjoy watching the big boys with there super farm,pro stock and super stock diesel tractors pulling and letting the coal roll if you know what I mean. So my dad has a 782 cub cadet with a blown engine and the sheet metal and frame are in good shape. I have a three cylinder kubota engine and a three cylinder yanmar available to me. I've been told that the yanmar engines are better for making more power. I've never done any pulling before but have watched quite a few. I'm searching for all the info I can get now. Anyboby here have a diesel puller? This is what im talking about.

okiepc

okiepc

First thing, :welcome:, looks like a cool project, let us know.:thumbsup:

K

KennyV

Welcome to LMF...
There are a few tractor puller's that post now & then...
Building engines can be fun & More than a bit costly$$$. Good luck with either of the two diesel engines, I am a Kubota diesel fan myself. They do have a well engineered engine.
Post back with what you start with, should be fun.
I also have had too much Dairy Farm in decades past... can't really say I miss it at all. :smile:KennyV

X-man

X-man

:welcome:to LMF!
That looks pretty cool.:thumbsup:

chadihman

chadihman

Thanks for the welcoms! I'll post pics when I start to get the ball rolling.