My first Craftsman OPE

dougmacm

Threads
I've slowly been acquiring some Ryobi 18V One+ stuff, for a coupla reasons; I really needed a dedicated edger at my new property and they have one. Corner lot with sidewalks. Additionally, I was ready to get away from my old B&D hand/yard tools with the ni-cd batteries. So, I have an edger as said, drill-driver , inflator, coupla other ryobi tools now.

The trimmer I have now is a GW single line 065 unit. It is set-up with a wheel for edging but, I just couldn't see doing 100s of feet of edging with it.

If you have Ryobi 18V, then I would recommend the P2090 or P2009 (w/ or w/o 4Ah bat & charger) over the GW 40V for all the reasons I stated in post #3.

I've also got the dedicated 18V Edger and it's only downside is it could use a bit more power. Go slow to avoid tripping out the overload and it works 100% better than the "Attachment" style that I borrowed & tried out on my GW attachment capable 40V trimmer !!

Doug

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
If you have Ryobi 18V, then I would recommend the P2090 or P2009 (w/ or w/o 4Ah bat & charger) over the GW 40V for all the reasons I stated in post #3.

I've also got the dedicated 18V Edger and it's only downside is it could use a bit more power. Go slow to avoid tripping out the overload and it works 100% better than the "Attachment" style that I borrowed & tried out on my GW attachment capable 40V trimmer !!

Doug

Haven't tripped the breaker yet. The yard has been neglected and the first run ate most of a blade! But now, it's more 'normal' - just a LOT of linear runs.

blades are pricey but hopefully will last a little longer now.

I also like the features of that P2090, might get one in the winter or next spring. maybe sooner if a 'deal' comes up.

Threads
I've got the dewalt 40v trimmer. I have been tempted to switch to a greenworks trimmer to have one less battery.

Initially I loaded it with 080 line and it was savage, really blasted through anything. Now I've got some 065 loaded and seems more gentle but it has clogged/snagged a couple of times in dense weeds clearing. That never happened with the heavy line.

It's got the same CCW action you describe, I had the same adjustment period. :thumbsup: