My CubCadet cc30E has MAJOR PROBLEMS

seatophtx

Forum Newbie
Threads
I ordered this machine from Home Depot on 05.30.22. It arrived on or about 06.08.22. Upon its arrival, once it was taken off the truck, I immediately noticed that it was on a pallet much shorter than the mower. I voiced my concerns to the delivery driver that this might have caused damage to the mower, mainly a bent deck. He suggested I write those concerns on the delivery receipt which I did. So 24 hours later, after it was charged, I went out to use it. Upon engaging the blade, the first thing I heard was metal hitting metal. I immediately stopped, removed the discharge hole cover, and voila! There was the blade stuck against the deck. To make a very long story short, Home Depot had no resolutions other than for me to return it to them. I finally talked to someone there who told me to call a local Cub Cadet dealer/repair place which I did. All of this back and forth with HD took almost two weeks. I found a shop, they came out and picked it up on 06.21.22. They were very behind on service, so it was with them about two weeks before they found the problem which, of course, was a bent deck. I had given their driver copies of all of my paperwork which included the delivery receipt with my notations regarding concerns about a bent deck possibility due to the short pallet. MTD who makes Cub Cadet authorized free repair. They finally delivered it to me on 07.26.22. Keep in mind, that during all this time I'm making payments on the mower PLUS having to pay the same amount to get my yard mowed = $320/mo, and I'm a retired, 75 y/o widow. The evening of 07.27.22 I went out and mowed my front yard and mowed my backyard the next evening. And my yard is just a typical, neighborhood yard. No acreage, or fields to mow. A week later on 08.03.22, I go out to mow my yard again. I couldn't get it started. I re-read the instructions, removed the discharge hole cover, cleaned it out (although there really wasn't much in it), replaced it, then it started up. I mowed a small area between my house and my neighbor's. By then it was late dusk, so I stopped. Got up at 7 am the next morning to go out and finish my yard, and once again, it won't start. It gave me a fault code of 2.3 which means there's something wrong with the deck motor. There's nothing I can do. I called the repair shop again on 08.04.22 and told them the problem. As of this writing, I haven't heard back from them. To my way of thinking, Cub Cadet should just send me a NEW mower, shipped on a proper sized pallet, and have Home Depot come pick up this machine. I love operating this little mower, I just want one that works! Evidently, its' initial shipping experience caused way more damage than just a bent deck. Has anyone else had any problems like mine? My advice to anyone and everyone is DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE MOWERS!!!!!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Considering the price they ask for this mower you should be having problems. Now getting it repair properly or replaced will take time as these are new on the market and there is a very steep learning curve for us technicians. But I do agree that there are hidden damages cause by the bent deck.

seatophtx

Forum Newbie
Threads
Considering the price they ask for this mower you should be having problems. Now getting it repair properly or replaced will take time as these are new on the market and there is a very steep learning curve for us technicians. But I do agree that there are hidden damages cause by the bent deck.
I have been IMMENSELY patient with everyone. My mower came from Ohio, I'm assuming that's where it was made. My local Home Depot store had none in stock. So either it was messed up from the beginning as in the manufacture of it, or all the damage was done by whoever put such a large crate on such a small pallet. I just want one of these that works. As stated in first post, Cub Cadet owes me a new electric riding mower. Thank you for your info.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Go see your local state member of parliament
You will need to get who ever mounts legal cases in your area to do some threatening .
The problems are probably with the transport contractor and in most cases the actual driver will be a sub sub contractor .
Cub do not owe you anything legally unless the unit was defective
The transport company is legally liable or HD is liable
Other than that one of those TV news shows that that makes a big thing about people being treated badly might also work .

We keep on advising people to pay the small extra amount and buy mowers from real mower shops for exactly this reason.
The few hundred you saved by purchasing the mower from HD has now been eaten up in the mowing fees .

To the mower shop, you are one of a couple of thousand ( if they are lucky ) customers that they want to0 keep happy so become a source of future sales & service .
To HD you are just a mug who was lured into their store by their very clever marketing & advertising and are one of millions and they do not care what happens to you because they already have your money .

I am not a dealer nor have any affiliations with any dealer but I see your problem almost on a weekly basis and the end results are never good for the purchaser .