MX5480 Tracking Adjustment?

logan01

Threads
Hi folks. My Titan 5480 pulls to the right just enough be annoying. Though the owner's manual refers to tracking adjustment in the troubleshooting section, no where in the manual is it explained or illustrated. I would appreciate some advice on tracking adjustment. Thank you.

logan01

Threads

logan01

Threads
Toro | TITAN MX5480 - Zero Turn Lawn Mowers

Click on service manual and go to page 8, tracking problems and resolutions.
Thank you Mark. I downloaded that a while back. Very good info. Surely as on all other Z mowers I've seen there is a simple adjustment bolt / nut / knob etc on that mower. Even sitting in the "neutral" position the handles are offset from one another by a good half inch or so. Thanks again my friend.

logan01

Threads
Unlike previous attempts with my MX5480 resulting in no downloadable service manual to be found at Toro or anywhere else. I had downloaded the operator's manual but the tracking adjustment procedure was omitted. Last night I began searching again and discovered the MX5400 at the Toro site. Not sure but it seems to have replaced the 5480. Along with the operator manual and parts catalog it also had a .pdf service manual. Opened it and found the tracking adjustment. Looked at the pics, went out to my shop and saw that it was same/same. Eventually found my way to the 5480 service manual. Downloaded both service manuals to both Windows and Linux. Can't believe Toro provides a freebie service manual. Thanks Toto.

Depending on the model, mine is the 3rd variant of adjusting the tracking. One version has simple vertical adjusting nuts located beneath the seat. A second version has the adjusters outboard of each tranny; basically a long rod with a spring and nut; very similar to the rear brake rod found on vintage motocycles. Mine is beneath a plate on the forward area where the "sticks" are positioned. Here's a pic I made from Reader. A little blurry but useable here. If needed a Toro owner can go to the Toro site and get the manual or perhaps they have one that applies to your particular model.

d1D0y1y.jpg