mustang50 zero turn steering alignment

brtims

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi everyone
I cannot seem to figure out how to align the steering arms on my zero turn. When the arms are brought across to the middle the right arm is about 2 inches ahead of the left arm so when driving straight they are like that. makes it annoying to turn as well.
I see screws on the bottom with nuts and both sides match the depth so it is not adjusted there. Underneath I am just lost what to look for!! The manual doesn't help. It mentions adjusting for comfortability not for this issue.
Thanks for the help
Brian

Born2Mow

Threads
On some mowers that adjustment is right at the base of the steering arms, just before they go into the cowling.

brtims

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hmm not sure. Wanted to attach some pics but it says they are too large at 2M.

Born2Mow

Threads
Use a photo editor or Paint to "Crop" the parts of the photo away that aren't important.

There is an excellent free program called GIMP that has all the features of PhotoShop, if you want to get that fancy. If you have a photo that doesn't have any portion to cut away, you can use the Scale command to reduce the pixel count WAY DOWN. Most web sites will only host 300 or so pixels per inch anyway. Most cell phones are recording photos at something like 2000. That's where the excess file size comes from.

Last edited:
Threads
I had the same problem I was able to get 1 1/2 in out of mine by the adjustment nut on the base of the arm. Just follow the arm down to the knuckle on the outside there should be a adjustment knob. loosen it move are and tighten the nut. I would sagest doing this on the machine with the handles in the center ( run position ) its more accurate that way. Now I understand that you can also adjust the cables to fine tune it even further but I haven't gotten that far yet to busy using it for work I need the money and I am putting up with the other half inch for now.

brtims

Forum Newbie
Threads
awesome replies. I will give this a whirl. If I fail I will attach some pics per the method above