Murry Transmission

Threads
My murry RER 8 an half 30" transmission, 5 speed +rev.spicer, built in 10/87 with #56191 on the sticker, will not shift very easy.:mad: Has anyone taken one of those apart? I guess I am going to find out whats inside:shocked: I want to put a grease fitting on it, what kind of grease should use? It runs real good once I get it gear.It not much good the way it is now so I'm not going to lose anything taken it apart :rolleyes:

metz12

Threads
My murry RER 8 an half 30" transmission, 5 speed +rev.spicer, built in 10/87 with #56191 on the sticker, will not shift very easy.:mad: Has anyone taken one of those apart? I guess I am going to find out whats inside:shocked: I want to put a grease fitting on it, what kind of grease should use? It runs real good once I get it gear.It not much good the way it is now so I'm not going to lose anything taken it apart :rolleyes:

is it an oil filled? or is it greased? there are alot of videos on youtube of doing these things. you might have stripped the gears in it because there wasnt enough grease/oil in the thing. or it was bad. there is only one way to find out i guess :laughing:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Not to hard to work on, but if you are going to take it apart please do three things. Get yourself a good parts breakdown. Take some pics and when you take parts off shafts, you must put them back on the same way. Some washers are cupped and it won't work if you loose or reverse them. Last of all, be very careful, there are many sharp edges and lug and blood don't mix. Voice of experience.

Threads
Well I finally got my transmission put back together and in the mower, just needs a little linkage adjustment and I'm ready for some grass cutting:banana:I took it apart two years ago to see why it was not shifting and found the shaft of the shifter was rusted and real hard to move,after about six months of soaking in oil treatment I was able to get it out, I sanded it and steelwooled it,when was loose enough to move easly. The old grease was hard and stuck in all the corners. then after a good cleaning I added some marine grease filled both sides and put it together and today installed it, works like a new one. Its really good to pull this off after the last two years and three surgerys on my right knee. :cool2: