Murry Automatic Transmission Question

dinows

Threads
I have an older Murry lawn tractor with the auto transmission where you just press the peddle to go forward with your toe and back with the heel. Anyway it is getting tough to get going lately and was wondering if this transmission needed any servicing with oil or grease ?

Thanks Deano

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Usually it will be the brake jamming on that i sowing you down.
Next most common will be the belt which wears a lot faster than the gearbox

logan01

Threads
Or the fluid has greatly deteriorated. If it doesn't have a drain and fill plug, then you'll need to remove it from the mower, remove the vent plug, rotate it down and drain the fluid. Afterward, with vent plug up, refill through the vent plug. Slow go but doable.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have an older Murry lawn tractor with the auto transmission where you just press the peddle to go forward with your toe and back with the heel. Anyway it is getting tough to get going lately and was wondering if this transmission needed any servicing with oil or grease ?

Thanks Deano

Can you supply the model # , year of mfg. etc. ......... info. should be on sticker located under seat near battery ..... Boobala

dinows

Threads
Well I dont think it is the brake but could be the belt. the model no. is 425600X8A not sure of the dare it was made I think it is about 8 years old

Thenks

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Manuals - Service - Support - Murray type in your model number & download at bottom left of screen, see page 25. You will need to remove deck to access drive belt assembly. Safety First, brake set & key removed from ignition. Inspect drive belt as well as idler pulleys & springs etc. for replacement as well. Bearings in idlers are probably shot, now is the time to replace them. Let us know how it goes, thanks.

Murray 425600x8A - Lawn Tractor (2003) Parts Diagrams for Drive Assembly item 8 drive belt, item 40 idler pulley quantity 2, item 46 idler pulley.

dinows

Threads
Thank you, will give it a shot