Murray Briggs and Stratton 5HP Quantum Power Push-Mower blows white smoke

troy-built

Threads
  • / Murray Briggs and Stratton 5HP Quantum Power Push-Mower blows white smoke
I really like sea foam I use it in every tank full of gas no matter what it is. It's a long story but I had a log splitter years ago that I couldn't get it to run right without the choke on a little no matter what I did to fix it. After adding sea foam after 2 tanks of gas it started running rich I cut the choke off and it's run great ever since. So who know?

Craftsman Garage

Threads
I really like sea foam I use it in every tank full of gas no matter what it is. It's a long story but I had a log splitter years ago that I couldn't get it to run right without the choke on a little no matter what I did to fix it. After adding sea foam after 2 tanks of gas it started running rich I cut the choke off and it's run great ever since. So who know?
exactly my experience ;)

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
sounds like the seafoam reps are back on the forums again. Terrible stuff, would not use it if my life depended on it.

troy-built

Threads
sounds like the seafoam reps are back on the forums again. Terrible stuff, would not use it if my life depended on it.
NOPE not at all I'm a retired Corvette restorer of 35 years. If you don't like it don't use it, I don't make money off of it either way. All I know is it worked for me. Believe what you want.

Have a good one.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
NOPE not at all I'm a retired Corvette restorer of 35 years. If you don't like it don't use it, I don't make money off of it either way. All I know is it worked for me. Believe what you want.

Have a good one.
surprised you'd use that over the genuine GM stuff that works better. GM Top Cyl cleaner.

troy-built

Threads
surprised you'd use that over the genuine GM stuff that works better. GM Top Cyl cleaner.
I've used it before. I used it a lot when I worked at a Chevy dealer back in the early 80s. But it cost more than seafoam plus I like seafoam for other things that work for me. Have a good one