Murray blade coming loose

Smurfy76

Threads
The blade shaft and pulley all stop. So I called Amazon and they gave me a refund for it so I ordered a new one which will be here Saturday. So I'm going to replace it and see what happens. I spent hours trying to get it to work so I feel like something isn't right because the other one just bolted on with no issues after I put it together. I took the whole thing apart and didn't see anything but who knows.maybe the blade attachment is hitting something. There's resistance on the shaft when I tighten the blade. And if I tighten to much it locks it in place I'll just keep it to have as a parts spindle I guess.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Good call
There is definately something very wrong if tightening the blade tightens the spindle when you are not touching the pulley nut which does tighten the spindle .

Smurfy76

Threads
I'll post how it goes with the new one once I get it.

Smurfy76

Threads
Good call
There is definately something very wrong if tightening the blade tightens the spindle when you are not touching the pulley nut which does tighten the spindle .
So now that it stopped raining I put the new spindle on and no issues. I'm guessing that other spindle is damaged somehow but I'll steal the bearings off of it for the future.other than that it will be trash. Thank you for your help.