Murray 500E

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
? Not sure what you mean? The engine is painted black
Reread your first post. I think you mention "ran" instead of "tan" because if it tan for 5 minutes the skin so be nearing to becoming leather.

But I shouldn't be surprised with our schools are bad they are at teaching kids. If our schools actually did their job we all would be better educated. I was just shove along until I got into summer school in the tenth grade where I had a teacher that cared. I went from having grades of D's and F's in English to A's the last two years of high school.

Even with auto spell checkers if you use the wrong word it doesn't correct it.

Last edited:

STG72

Threads
Reread your first post. I think you mention "ran" instead of "tan" because if it tan for 5 minutes the skin so be nearing to becoming leather.

But I shouldn't be surprised with our schools are bad they are at teaching kids. If our schools actually did their job we all would be better educated. I was just shove along until I got into summer school in the tenth grade where I had a teacher that cared. I went from having grades of D's and F's in English to A's the last two years of high school.

Even with auto spell checkers if you use the wrong word it doesn't correct it.
🤣
Obviously I meant ran..lol

shurguywutt

Threads
So are you saying that you fill the fuel tank and the it drains into the engine?

This would be a carb problem with the float and the needle not shutting off fuel supply once the carb bowl is full of fuel.

Also check the fuel cap after you run it and then it wont start. Slowly open it and see if air gets sucked in the tank. Your fuel cap vent could be clogged causing a negative vacuum in your tank and starving the engine for fuel.

Also make sure your carb gaskets are all seated correctly. Sometimes if the vent holes are not lined up you will get some funny issues like this (happened to me).

STG72

Threads
So are you saying that you fill the fuel tank and the it drains into the engine?

This would be a carb problem with the float and the needle not shutting off fuel supply once the carb bowl is full of fuel.

Also check the fuel cap after you run it and then it wont start. Slowly open it and see if air gets sucked in the tank. Your fuel cap vent could be clogged causing a negative vacuum in your tank and starving the engine for fuel.

Also make sure your carb gaskets are all seated correctly. Sometimes if the vent holes are not lined up you will get some funny issues like this (happened to me).
2 times while working on d machine, I put a bit of gass to get it started and work on it. Then next day, or just next time I work on it, no gass in the tank and carb is saturated in fuel. This happened that I noticed at least 2 times. This makes me think the fuel is flowing I to the carb without priming and floods it. I was able to start it 2 times but hard to get started. Then wont start again.
Gaskets good. Made sure jets all open have flow. Cap looks to be good no issues.

shurguywutt

Threads
2 times while working on d machine, I put a bit of gass to get it started and work on it. Then next day, or just next time I work on it, no gass in the tank and carb is saturated in fuel. This happened that I noticed at least 2 times. This makes me think the fuel is flowing I to the carb without priming and floods it. I was able to start it 2 times but hard to get started. Then wont start again.
Gaskets good. Made sure jets all open have flow. Cap looks to be good no issues.
Sounds like your cheap plastic carb is clogged/still clogged. Here's a good tutorial for your mower.

STG72

Threads
Saw anothe vid on utube n it mentioned the needle and seat may be bad and so float doesn't level correctly allowing fuel to keep flowing. I've already ordered the replacement carb so in a day or so should have some results. If it continues after new carb I'm lost. But love workn on it trying to figure it out"

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
It does smell off. Fumey
Don't use the mower until you get the carb fixed. Then dump the oil a couple times. Sounds like you have gas in the oil. Not a good mix.