Murray 500E

STG72

Threads
Hi new here. Was given this mower not working. Changed coil and gas and got it to start but will not restart. Got it to finally start, dont know how, tan good for about 5 min. Shut it off and could not restart. Any ideas what it could be? Thanks for response

Attachments

• ezgif.com-gif-maker.jpg
    ezgif.com-gif-maker.jpg
    278.9 KB · Views: 7

STG72

Threads
Well, I'm at it again. Guessing at with no clue. Any suggestions soooo welcome 😁

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Carbs on those engines are very touchy and I’m guessing the jet assembly is partially clogged. You’ll have to disassemble the carb and clean the jets.

STG72

Threads
Gonna try that..was debating trying rhat or just replacing it. I did take it apart and spray it out with gum out but didnt check the jets. The fact that it started 2 times made me think it was ok. Il give it a shot👍

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
What was the engine tanning Deerskin or Cow hide?

STG72

Threads
Well, new discovery. Last I worked in machine, I put fuel and noticed its empty. I noticed the same last time after working on it but disnt pay any mind. Now 2 times in a row. Take off filter n cover and see the carb is saturated with fuel without priming.. so, any suggestions? I'd really like to know why this is and try to fix. Just for the knowledge but pricing carbs still
Thanks

Attachments

• ezgif.com-gif-maker.jpg
    ezgif.com-gif-maker.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 4

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Dirty carb and dirty fuel tank.

Probable never cleaned the cylinder cooling fins either. Valve adjustment would be a smart move.

STG72

Threads
Dirty carb and dirty fuel tank.

Probable never cleaned the cylinder cooling fins either. Valve adjustment would be a smart move.
All cleaned. Fresh fuel overview- was given to me not running and new coil. Coil was not gapped. Gapped coil, new gas, started then I turned it off. Tried to restart. No go. After about 1.5h, tried again and starts. Runs good about 5-10m. Turne it off, tried to restart. No go. Today when removing carb to clean, notice gass is gone from tank, no signs of leak on machine and carb is saturated in fuel. Going to replace carb, but want to know why the fuel is leaking into carb. My other machine is not like this.