Murray 10 HP/ 30 inch

TJ Lisota

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello All,

Just joined this site and have a question already.

I have a 10 hp/ 30 inch rear engine Murray rider. The numbers I get are as follows: Off the back of the seat-701855M. On the back of the mower- Model#30560B/ Mfr date-1542.

Putting these numbers into the Murray.com website revealed zero results.

The mower was bought used and ran well. The mower had a low tire so my father placed a 6x6 under it to get the tire off and have it fixed. Which he did.

He drove the mower out of the pole shed to complete this task.

Now the mower starts as should, but will not go forward or reverse.

So................question one, Where would there be any more numbers to look up a manual for this. Question #2............is there a pin to disengage the transmission on this mower. It can be pushed with no resistance with the mower in any gear while the mower is off.

Not knowing for sure what the manufacture date means, where could I find a manual for this mower?

Anyway, thought I would throw this out there and see if there are any experts out there that might have a remedy for this problem.

Thank you for your time. TJ Lisota/ North Bend, WI

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move this thread over to our Murray section.

RobG001

Forum Newbie
Threads
Now the mower starts as should, but will not go forward or reverse.

Hi there,
It maybe that your drive belt has jumped off the rear pulley, worth a look?
Hope this helps
Rob

1saxman

Threads
Yes, there probably is a bypass pin for the trans at the rear on the right or left side.

prcummings

Threads
Ok I have the same problem. My tractor does not move in any gear. I know the belt is still on. One thing is I have the mower deck off, does that make a difference? How does the clutch/ brake mechanism work to get this thing moving? Thanks for the help.