Mulching with a Honda HRR216k10VKAA

JonDon87

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey everyone, so I've been scouring the internet but have not been able to find an answer, so I'd much appreciate any information you could give me or point me in the right direction. I have a 5 year old Honda mower (HRR216k10VKAA) that originally came with a red plastic piece that you are supposed to insert when mulching. In one of my moves over the past so many years I've seemed to have misplace in, and I haven't been able to find it through any of my internet searches. When I try to mulch now, it creates clumps of grass on the right side of the mowing line and I have to drive back over it to get it to go away. I don't think this used to happen when I had this piece. Any suggestions on what to do or where to find this piece would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Metallitubby

Forum Newbie
Threads
The HRR "K10" does not have the mulch plug you are referring to. It should have the Clip Director.

woodstover

Threads
Right below your gas tank you should find a LIME GREEN lever called Clip Director. It's on the same side as where you add the oil. If you have that in the Mulch position and it's still leaving a trail, maybe your blades are dull or you're cutting deck needs cleaning.Honda Clip Director Location.jpg