Mulching kit

Coyoteone

Member
I have a xzhd 52 “ with a grass flap mounted, like it but thinking about getting a mulching kit to use this winter for leaves, can a mulching kit be installed while leaving the grass flap on the mower? Or does it use some of the same bolt holes?
Thanks
 
Before spending money on a mulching kit, try using Gator style blades or OEM mulching blades with the grass flap shut.
Did try that seems like a lot of blowout on the front of mower, yes deck is set right, and also looking for something like baffling on front to cut that down any thing come to mind?
Thanks
 
Did try that seems like a lot of blowout on the front of mower, yes deck is set right, and also looking for something like baffling on front to cut that down any thing come to mind?
Thanks
I've tried the G6 blades, the G3 blades, and OEM Gravely mulching blades.
The G3 and OEM Gravely mulching blades will have less blow out.
I just slap on the Gravely mulching blades and run with the chute open. I have to go over it more than one with a chute blocker.
 
I have a xzhd 52 “ with a grass flap mounted, like it but thinking about getting a mulching kit to use this winter for leaves, can a mulching kit be installed while leaving the grass flap on the mower? Or does it use some of the same bolt holes?
Thanks
Think twice about installing a mulching kit. Time consuming to get on and off, and mulching is never better than letting the grass fly out of the discharge opening. Get a discharge flap for the short time you are mulching leaves in the late fall.
 
Think twice about installing a mulching kit. Time consuming to get on and off, and mulching is never better than letting the grass fly out of the discharge opening. Get a discharge flap for the short time you are mulching leaves in the late fall.
He's already running a grass flap.
You are correct about the mulching kits. They aren't worth the hassle or the price.
 
Well, gulp, let me be the dissenting vote here. I've working my way up from stock deck, to a chute blocker, to the full kit with matching mulching blades, to the kit with Oregon G6 blades. This last is what I've found works best for me. Yep, it is a pain in the butt to install & take off, but it's only done once/year. And the reason I do this is because without it, the lousy leaves will come out of chute @ 50 mph and get thrown 40 feet. Well almost. The darn deck just won't cut 'em. So, do I have this set-up? Yep. And do I change things out in the fall & spring every year? Yep again. Do I enjoy it? Nope. But darn, the lawn sure looks nice, according to myself & the neighbors.
 
Back
Top