Export thread

MTD Yard Machine Riding Mower - Unknown Part?

R

rmeadows1

I restored a Yard Machine MTD riding mower but cannot figure out where the part below goes. I looked at all of the exploded diagrams in detail and e-mailed MTD. MTD said the part was not from the mower. I am 99% positive it did come from the mower. More than likely the deck.

Model # 13AN607H352

Pics below. Any help would be appreciated.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Thanks.

Rick

R

redmondjp

Hmmmm,

Very interesting! I don't know exactly where it goes, but from its shape I can tell you that it appears to be used to adjust the angle of a rod that passes horizontally across the top of the part. The circular section mates with a similar part (not shown) having a matching pattern, and the radial lines on the two pieces match up and engage with each other when the through bolt is tightened to prevent rotation.

I don't know if this helps or not. It may have something to do with a level adjustment on the deck, or possibly for an actuator (clutch, blade engagement lever, etc) adjustment.

reynoldston

reynoldston

nothing that I have ever seen. Looks like it broke away from something from the looks of the rough edges . Then the seal also looks like a oil seal not a grease seal and the part has oil stains in it. So I will say it come from a engine or transmission more then a deck. Could the part have been laying on the deck from else where??

Fish

Fish

It is not an MTD part. A common prank is to put extra parts in a box given to any newby, so he will pull his hair out....

Kind of like sending the kid out after "wall stretchers"....

J

jsmith24

Hi,

What are the dimensions, roughly? I used to work on bicycles a great deal, and this looks an awful lot like the friction lock used on a lot of narrow/racing bike seats...you know, so that they don't pivot front-to-rear. It's oily, but even the groove/rod space at the top looks to be the right size for the seat's underwire carriage.

Just my two cents.

Jack

WAIT: Just found a picture:
seat20hardware202.jpg

There you go. :) It's not the exact same model, but you get the idea.

Fish

Fish

Cool, thanks. I was really wondering what that was...

R

redmondjp

Hi,

What are the dimensions, roughly? I used to work on bicycles a great deal, and this looks an awful lot like the friction lock used on a lot of narrow/racing bike seats...you know, so that they don't pivot front-to-rear. It's oily, but even the groove/rod space at the top looks to be the right size for the seat's underwire carriage.

Just my two cents.

Jack

WAIT: Just found a picture:
View attachment 21356

There you go. :) It's not the exact same model, but you get the idea.

By Joe, I think you've nailed it! I knew that I have seen that part before, but couldn't come up with where.