Mtd mower clutch/brake pedal problems

Shae249

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey everyone i have an older mtd dont now much about it. Has a 12hp formula moter 38 inch deck 5speed shift on the go. Problem after mowing yard on way to garage it made a loud bang then stopped moving. Got it into garage looked around drive belt had come off at transmission. Got it back on. Went to try to move it and the clutch pedal is staying almost all the way down. I pumped on the pedal and nothing wont bounce back. Then had it running looking under it and it started making a grinding noise and the started moving but cant stop it no brakes no clutch nothing. Sounds horrible. Any help would be appriciated. I just spent 5 hourss fighting with it and am fed up with it.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Find and post the MTD model number on the tag under the seat.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If the pedal does not return then the spring is broken or the tensioning pulley has self destructed.
use you model number , the one that starts with 13 to find your parts breakdown.
I like to stand the mower on it's bum when working on the drive so everything is right there in front of your face & you are not snacking on grass clippings & dirt.

If what you see does not make sense then take a few happy snaps and post them.