Export thread

MTD model number changes effective 2020

I

ILENGINE

Just for FYI the old numbers starting with 13 as of this year will now be 33

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

My Cub cadet starts with 13..... So I will have to substitute 13 for 33 when typing in the model?

I

ILENGINE

My Cub cadet starts with 13..... So I will have to substitute 13 for 33 when typing in the model?
You will still put in 13 but the new models this year will start with 33.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

You will still put in 13 but the new models this year will start with 33.
Ahhh, okay I see now. Thanks!

AVB

AVB

Just for FYI the old numbers starting with 13 as of this year will now be 33
Thanks for the heads up as I would wondering if I was seeing counterfeits. Do you have service bulletin that I can reference? If so would PM me a copy as I am an adminstritor of other forum that maintains as database of things like this.

EDIT: This model number change might include other coding changes too just want to sure as to what I looking at later.

I

ILENGINE

Thanks for the heads up as I would wondering if I was seeing counterfeits. Do you have service bulletin that I can reference? If so would PM me a copy as I am an adminstritor of other forum that maintains as database of things like this.

EDIT: This model number change might include other coding changes too just want to sure as to what I looking at later.
It was a slide at my MTD update yesterday. I wouldn't be surprised if there were other changes also but that was the only one we discussed. effecting the Cub Cadet, Troybilt, and Craftsman products by MTD, and along with the fire hazard potential of the new Lithium Ion battery 30 ad 42 inch riders. If the batteries malfunction or get damaged think of Tesla on the side of the California highway in a ball of fire,.

AVB

AVB

Now I got to look into how handle the old batteries once they fail then. I currently recycle the old lead acid versions but it might be dangerous if not handled correctly for a bunch them going into thermal nuclear meltdown.

I

ILENGINE

AVB It looks like they can be handled just like any other lithium ion battery by unplugging it and then removing it. Should be able recycle them like they do those type of batteries used in handheld drills etc. They would be no issue if they are not damaged or shorted to ground when somebody tries to remove them. From what they said at the meeting they won't be replaced due to cost. Somewhere in the $1200-1500 range is what we were told for each, and the riders have two 56 volt batteries. So these will be $2500+ throw away mowers when the batteries fail.

logert gogert

logert gogert

so is this for the new or old mowers

I

ILENGINE

so is this for the new or old mowers
[/QUOTE
From a little further research it appears the only mowers with the 33 series model number as of right now is the 2019 and 2020 Craftsman electric riding mowers.

B

bertsmobile1

Whatever you do with the old batteries, do not store them inside, alongside or under any structure.
Unless of course business has been so bad a massive insurance claim would be to your financial gain.

Once a Lithium Ion battery starts to burn it can not be extinguished as you have the fuel (- plate ) and an oxadizing agent ( + plate ) together in a nice little package.
No matter what you do the burning batteries can not be put out. they will continue to burn even if you drop them in a barrel of water.

It is only a matter of time till arsonist work out how to use them in favour of Molatove cocktails.
Same story for charging them which we will regularly be required to do..
My chargers are all behind the welding bench and recharging batteries all sit on the welding bench which is 1/4" thick steel against an outside wall.

As for recycling this is another myth.
Ni batteries can just be tossed into a furnace to recover the individual metals

Li-ion batteries can explode when they are guillotined so they have to be "unwelded" or some one has to carefully cut the case off so as to lift out the plates & separate them.
So we know what will happen.
They will be shipped in bulk to a 3rd world country .
So if the ship does not catch fire en-route, the dissassembly can kill as many people because they are loosers in any case and don't count.

AVB

AVB

Ahhh I see that it is a new class of mowers are coming to market. With most of us in the South being backwards or so some think we are it going to be awhile us in the countryside will be willing up the reliable mowers.