Export thread

Mtd 990 Model 196-982A 42" Quick Disconnect Mowing Unit

T

Tom Lowell

Trying to install the above. Can anybody provide info (pics) on what the carriage looks like and how it mounts to the 990 and subsequently to the deck. I believe I have all carriage parts necessary but am confused on where to mount them to the tractor. I have the owners manual (770-6420, $.10 copy) which is not solving my problem.

I am new to the forum and have owned my 990's for less than a year. I recently purchased the mower deck and carriage from two different ebay vendors and am attempting to make them work. Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Carscw

Carscw

Go to MTDPARTS.com and you can pull up every thing

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Briana

Briana

WELCOME to LMF

I moved your thread to the MTD Forum. :smile:

T

Tom Lowell

From the Model 143-990A tractor owners manual (Form No. 770-2463 from the mtd manuals website) page 28 I need what I call a carriage assembly to mount the tittled 196-982 42" Quick Disconnect Mower. To be specific I need: (qty/ref no, mtd part no., tittle) 4/52's #12559 Lift arms, 2/55's #12557 Lift links LH, and 2/56's #738-0555 cross shafts. Part ref numbers 2/53's #748-0241 Shoulder spacers and 2/54's #12560 Lift arm link, would be nice to have also but I think I can get from a good hardware store. The remaining fasteners, part ref numbers 57 thru 64 I know I can get from a good hardware store. All the quanity/referenced part numbers 52 through 64 make up what I call a carriage assembly with hardware kit.

Does anybody have available for sale or know where I might purchase this Carriage Assembly or parts thereof.

T

Tom Lowell

Just in case anybody is keeping an eye on this for me, please be advised that I have found what I need. Tom.

E

EyeSpi44

Allen Rossman here. New member. Two parts to my reply.

1. I have the owners manual for the tractor and the quick disconnect mowing unit. I could send copies and photos of the attachment to the tractor to any one who needs it.

2. My need is a deck pullley. The nut came off the spindle allowing the pulley to come off and damaged the spindle, blade adapter and pulley. I have located new spindle and blade adapter. No one seems to have the deck pulley (part no. 756-0187) to get me back in the mowing business. Does any one know a source, have a spare part or non-usable deck with a good pulley?

Thanks

EyeSpi44