MTD 42" barely runs in choke

Threads
Alright, here is my problem and the list of things I have done. can anyone give me insight into what I may be missing?

Mower starts in choke and runs ok for a minute, if I take it out of choke it stalls immediately. If I leave it in choke it begins to run rough.
I have:
Replaced the gas tank
Replaced the fuel filter
Replaced the air filter
Replaced the spark plug
Replaced the carburetor and fuel solenoid

What I will be doing this afternoon is replacing the fuel line and getting entirely new gas in case that was bad. If that doesn't work I am at a complete loss. Any other ideas?
Model #13c2775s000 if that helps

dougand3

Threads
Need the engine model # - on a valve cover or shroud.
Simple things - Does the choke plate act correctly - full-closed, half-half open, off-open?
Air leak downstream of the carb? Good gasket to intake?

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Throwing a lot of money in parts at that thing. Most of which could of been verified by looking at or a simple test.

1. Was the fuel tank leaking? Look for fuel on the deck or ground.
2. Was there no fuel delivered at the carb inlet? Remove hose at carb inlet. Should flow and make a mess doing this.
3.Was the air filter plugged up? Remove it and try to start the engine.
4.Spark plugs rarely ever go bad. Small wire brush and a small flat blade screwdriver will clean one up easily. Maybe 2 minutes of your time.
5.Now the last two definitely should be addressed. Modern fuel deteriorates in 30 days. Use Stabil fuel stabilizer year round. Never have a carb problem again. Also these new pain in the arse fuel cans help preserve the fuel with good caps and such. If your fuel can sits wide open, you are looking for trouble. E-10 fuel? Avoid that at all costs.

slomo