Mowing ordinance violations for the city

dereklawncare

Threads
Does anyone mow for the city when a property is violating a grass height ordinance? I usually pick up a couple new customers every year in early June because the city charges them $200 and then the owner looks for someone to mow, sees my add and calls me. I believe my city has one of their own employees cut the grass on these nuisance properties but I was wondering if anyone's city hires out for these jobs? I would imagine you would be treated as an independent contractor?

edd

Threads
i do a few of these per year......usually the grass gets knee high because the process tkaes so long to get to the bid process......they can pay well but you cant count on them regular

X-man

Threads
In my trailer park, part of my job is to mow the lawns that had a violation the previous day for lack of maintenance.

I find it hilarious when I'm mowing one of those lawns and the homeowner storms outside complaining about me mowing it (since the fine is added to their lot rent for that month).

The way I see it, it was your own damn fault, you should have gotten off your lazy rear end and mowed it yourself. Then there wouldn't be a problem.