Export thread

Mower to golf cart?

noodle

noodle

Since every one seems to be interested in what kinds of things an old mower can be converted to I thought I would ask one. Would there be any way to turn a mower in to a golf cart?

grnspot110

grnspot110

In the 60's, John Deere (and probably others) sold an attachment made by Sweepster called a transporter for the "round fender" 110's that carried two people w/ places on the back for two golf bags. The seat & fenders were removed & this fiberglass unit installed in place of the seat. Tractor could still be used as a mower with Sweepster installed. ~~ grnspot110

Attachments

K

KennyV

In the 60's, John Deere (and probably others) sold an attachment made by Sweepster called a transporter

Very interesting find... thanks for posting this...:thumbsup:
:smile:KennyV

C

cottom

Here in Terre Haute the cops won't let you drive a golf cart on city streets, but you can drive a garden tractor as long as you have the orange triangle sign.

Hey, did any body see the new World Speed Record for Garden Tractors?
YouTube - Gold Eagle Rough Cut

80.972 Miles per hour... a world record!

H

Hershey

This is absolutely fascinating, the idea of converting a mower to a golf cart. I think it's ingenious, but I've never seen anything like that. Of course, where we live not that many people have ride ons, though there area a couple.

grnspot110

grnspot110

My regret is that when we bought our house, the older couple across the street had a RF 110 with a Sweepster transporter on it. I had no inkling of ever collecting garden tractors then, so when it sold at auction, I was wanting something newer! :ashamed::redface::mad::mur::mur::mur: ~~ grnspot110

Attachments

RobertBrown

RobertBrown

Golf cart to mower

There's a guy not far from me with about a 10 acre lawn, he tows 2 mowerdecks that are staggered, or one is connected at the left front corner to the right rear corner of the other. So he is probably cutting about 8-10 feet at a swath. He tows them behind a golf cart. I have no idea why he decided to do it that way but thats is riding mower.

Attachments

poohpiglet

I think it is better to have less mower to avoid bigger problems in mower transporter. :tongue:

M

mullins87

Just how far are you wanting to go with this conversion? Do you simply want to remove the deck and add a mount on the back to carry your clubs? Or are you thinking a more involved conversion? Give us your ideas.

mutton power equipment

mutton power equipment

In the 60's, John Deere (and probably others) sold an attachment made by Sweepster called a transporter for the "round fender" 110's that carried two people w/ places on the back for two golf bags. The seat & fenders were removed & this fiberglass unit installed in place of the seat. Tractor could still be used as a mower with Sweepster installed. ~~ grnspot110

THIS IS TIGHT! haha I want onw:laughing:

J

jkdelz

I know this isn't what you were thinking, but here is a golf cart converted to a lawn mower. LINK

And here are a bunch of lawn mower converted to electric. EVAlbum: Search Results