mower sunk in pond!! How to get water out?

bigal3967

Forum Newbie
Threads
So I sunk my Hustler X-One in a pond completely submerged for about 6 hours. It was not running when it went in. I have changed out all the fluids, filters, plugs and fuses. It cranks and runs fine and I have run it for a minute or so and I have changed the oil 3 times and it is still a creamy tan color with water in it. Any suggestion on how to get the water out of the engine better than continuing to change the oil until it is normal? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Al

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Let the oil drain thoroughly and other than that you will have to change and run it. Make sure the hydro's are also water free,

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
And here I thought I was the only the ran a mower off into a pond. Mine crash was that a ball joint failed right as I was to turn at full speed. Now I not so embarrassed.

bigal3967

Forum Newbie
Threads
Let the oil drain thoroughly and other than that you will have to change and run it. Make sure the hydro's are also water free,
That’s what I’m doing. On my third oil change and it’s starting to not be so milky. Hopefully not too many more. Thanks for the advice

bigal3967

Forum Newbie
Threads
And here I thought I was the only the ran a mower off into a pond. Mine crash was that a ball joint failed right as I was to turn at full speed. Now I not so embarrassed.
Mine slid off and just the front tires were in. Tried to pull it out and the cable hook came loose and it slid all the way down in the pond. Sick feeling but looks like it’s going to be ok. Needed a full tune up anyway..hahaha

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
That’s what I’m doing. On my third oil change and it’s starting to not be so milky. Hopefully not too many more. Thanks for the advice
It isn't so much the water at least in the engine because running it will dry out the water from the heat of the oil. Hydro's slightly different story the issue is the silt in the water that will cause long term permanent damage