Mower suggestions - 1/3 acre

jerelhowell

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey everyone. Been lurking on here for a while but figured I should post here and ask a question. Currently I have a 48" Husqvarna 18HP mower. It's really too big for what I have right now and it won't fit in my shed so I have to keep it in the garage. I also have a push mower with a Honda engine on it. I actually like both of these mowers and have never had a problem with either of them. I'm looking at getting either a smaller rider or a good quality walk-behind. After reading a few comments on here I started looking at WorldLawn walk behinds. They seem like decent quality and give me the option of having a Honda or Kawasaki engine which is important to me. Other than that I don't know what else to really be looking at. I'm fairly interested in a smaller 3x" deck rider also but don't know how much they would run for. Anyone have any advice for me here? I have a few trees and some stuff to mow around so I'm looking for something fairly agile.

Thanks for the feedback!

Jerel

jerelhowell

Forum Newbie
Threads
Oh, also. I bag grass often throughout the year.. Usually early in the spring and then late in the fall when the leaves are down. I'd like something that can take a bagger and I heard the WorldLawn walk behinds will but they mount on the side. This makes me wonder how well the units work with baggers attached. Any advice around bagging capabilities of the mowers would be nice to know also.

Threads
I would recommend a Honda HRX217HYA (rope start) or HRX217HZA (electric start). If you can do the pull start, I would go with that one, because you will save $100. I love my Honda HRX217HYA. It is super fast (I can walk at a brisk pace), and mulching is amazing on it. The bagging is awesome, also. When you are just bagging grass, the bag takes FOREVER to fill up! :thumbsup: Also, it has the Clip Director, so you can switch from mulching to bagging or anywhere in between with no mulch plug....just move a lever!! It has the blade-brake clutch, so you can have the engine running without the blades. I LOVE MY MOWER! If you got a mower already, what did you get??
Honda HRX217HYA: HRX.jpg

MY Honda HRX217HYA: DSCN0169.jpg

Honda Website: Honda Lawn Mowers - HRX HRR HRC HRS Mowers
-lmf :smile:

possum

Threads
I have been around some of the Worldlawn zero turns and they are mowing machines. However they have been sold in this area for only two years and I have not seen a walk behind in action nor has the local dealer near me sold one as of yet. You could look into the 30 inch Toro Timemaster walk behinds. I have not seen one in action. Several places around me do use the Cub Cadet walkbehind wide area mowers. They seem to get along fairly well with them.