Mower Stopped While Running

rajthepilot

Threads
Hi All,

My Snapper Pro S200XT stopped while mowing. It wouldn't crank after that. I checked the battery and the voltage was good. I then checked the fuses and one 20amp fuse was blown. I replaced it and tried cranking again. The flywheel turned a little, (half inch maybe) and then the fuse blew again. I tried checking if the solenoid was good. It gave me continuity on both of the coils when I thought it shouldn't. But why would the solenoid go bad while I'm mowing.

Also I then used jumper cables and connected the starter direcly with the positive and the flywheel tried to turn, but again just an inch or so and it just looked like it was stuck.

I had a similar problem last year where the flywheel wouldn't turn as I cranked it (it would try to, but kept getting stuck) and the repair shop changed the PTO. It ran fine for about 15 hours and a similar issue again, but this time the fuse is also blowing. Last time, the fuse wasn't blowing. Any suggestions on how to diagnose before I call the repair shop.

Thanks

Bertrrr

Threads
Pull your plug and make sure the machine rolls over easily, if it dose not there is a mechanical issue with the crankshaft - con rod - valves etc.
If it does then look at your starter

rajthepilot

Threads
Pull your plug and make sure the machine rolls over easily, if it dose not there is a mechanical issue with the crankshaft - con rod - valves etc.
If it does then look at your starter
Do you mean the PTO plug underneath?