Mower / SnowBlower Storage

hemstein

Forum Newbie
Threads
Apologies if this topic has been discussed ad nauseam, but I couldn't find an answer using search. I have owned two Toro push mowers (1st one lasted 20 years and current one I've had for 10 yrs) and two Toro single stage snow blowers (1st one 22 yrs and current one 5 yrs) for over 30 years. I've always ran premium gas and I've never added stabilizer. When I've stored them, I changed the oil, spark plug, air filter, etc. and ran the engines until all the gas was out. In the spring or late fall, I just filled the tanks with gas and they started right up, no problem. Maybe I've just been lucky all these years.

Now I read in owners manuals and watch YouTube videos where they run gas plus stabilizer through the engines and then drain the carb bowl. Some are also saying you should always add stabilizer to the gas during the mowing or snow seasons. Some also say you should fill the tank with gas plus stabilizer, run it for a while and leave it full of gas when storing. I think I would prefer not to have the equipment full of gas during the off season.

I am getting my snow blower ready to store. Ran the gas out (without stabilizer) did everything else and then I saw that I should drain the carb bowl. What would you all recommend? Should I put stabilizer and gas in the tank, run it dry and then drain the carb? Or should I just do what I've been doing for decades? Or is my luck about to run out?
Also, should I be adding stabilizer to the gas at all times?

Thank you for your responses.

Hemstein

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Your regeime is working fine so stick to it.
Weather or not you need stabilizers is dependent upon far more variables than the brain dead seafoam worshipers tiny closed minds can cope with.
If there is nothing in the fuel tank or float bowl then there is nothing that needs to be stabilized , should not need to be explained .