Export thread

Mower pushing

D

Dale hawley and associate

We have about 150 lawns to mow every wends,thurs,friday and we have 3 guys and we push 21 inch snappers and i told my boss we need one 32 or 36 exmark so it would be faster and cut more lawns. So what should i do should i buy it because he wont get it because he says we dont have enough big yards and i told him thats bull s**t i think we have plenty what should i do
Jose

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

WELCOME TO LMF!
Here is my opinion. I like nice and new equipment, but right now I only have two 21in. push mowers because I don't really want to spend a lot of money on a larger mower, considering I can complete all the yards I need to in a good amount of time. If I can't finish all my lawns in the week or so's time, I would get a larger mower that can reduce the time. I love Exmarks, but you might want to demo the mower you want. I say this because the larger mowers aren't as good at mulching. If you mulch with the Snappers, you might not be happy with the side discharge or mulching with the Exmark (it will also bag). If you are considering buying one by yourself, consider used. You can find some good deals on Craigslist (mowers with low hours). New Exmark mowers are expensive!!
Let us know what you decide! :smile:

Ric

Ric

We have about 150 lawns to mow every wends,thurs,friday and we have 3 guys and we push 21 inch snappers and i told my boss we need one 32 or 36 exmark so it would be faster and cut more lawns. So what should i do should i buy it because he wont get it because he says we dont have enough big yards and i told him thats bull s**t i think we have plenty what should i do
Jose

If you buy the mower I'd start my own business, I wouldn't buy it for them.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

If you buy the mower I'd start my own business, I wouldn't buy it for them.

Yeah I didn't think of that, but I agree!

metz12

metz12

If the guy is being a jerk about not wanting to buy a bigger mower, start your own business. dont use your equipment for somebody else.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

And if you want to upgrade your equipment but not spend TONS of money, maybe just buy a self-propelled mower like the Honda HRX217HYA. It will be easier since it's not a PUSH mower. But if you really want to reduce time get a larger walk-behind, or what a lot of people recommend on here: a stander. Another reason standers are cool is because you can flip the platform up and use it as a walk-behind! :thumbsup:
Toro Grandstand
http://www.toro.com/en-us/professio...nd-on-mowers/Pages/Series.aspx?sid=GrandStand
toro grandstand.jpg36 inches-------->60 inches60 in. toro grandstand.jpg

metz12

metz12

And if you want to upgrade your equipment but not spend TONS of money, maybe just buy a self-propelled mower like the Honda HRX217HYA. It will be easier since it's not a PUSH mower. But if you really want to reduce time get a larger walk-behind, or what a lot of people recommend on here: a stander. Another reason standers are cool is because you can flip the platform up and use it as a walk-behind! :thumbsup:
View attachment 10090

You know what i am going to say about this fanatic but, I would suggest the Garden tractor. quicker than a push mower when you get used to it, can put a lot of attachments on it like a plow, leaf bagger, and you can find them on craigslist for fairly cheap. alot of people work on them too because they are easy to work on.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

You know what i am going to say about this fanatic but, I would suggest the Garden tractor. quicker than a push mower when you get used to it, can put a lot of attachments on it like a plow, leaf bagger, and you can find them on craigslist for fairly cheap. alot of people work on them too because they are easy to work on.

That is true, but to tell you the truth there are really no "commercial" garden tractors. But I do believe that even if something is residential it can last if you take care of it.

metz12

metz12

It doesn't necessarily need to be "commercial" but there are more professional garden tractors out there. there are many with like 14 speeds! also with a really small turning radius. Im not sure but i think its either craftsman or cub cadet. but still, garden tractors are so versatile!

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

It doesn't necessarily need to be "commercial" but there are more professional garden tractors out there. there are many with like 14 speeds! also with a really small turning radius. Im not sure but i think its either craftsman or cub cadet. but still, garden tractors are so versatile!

That is true. And yes, it is Cub Cadet with the small turning radius. Also, John Deere has a "zero-turn lawn tractor". See pics:
cub cadet ZTR lawn tractor.jpg

JD SST16.jpg (http://www.machinefinder.com/images/machines/03/2084903/3095565_huge.jpg)

Ric

Ric

That is true. And yes, it is Cub Cadet with the small turning radius. Also, John Deere has a "zero-turn lawn tractor". See pics:
View attachment 10098

View attachment 10099 (http://www.machinefinder.com/images/machines/03/2084903/3095565_huge.jpg)

I don't believe you can but either the I series Cub Cadet or the JD zero turn tractors anymore, at least there not listed on there sites.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I don't believe you can but either the I series Cub Cadet or the JD zero turn tractors anymore, at least there not listed on there sites.

You are right that they are not on their sites, but I swear I saw the Cub Cadet at my dealer. I don't know. :confused2:

Ric

Ric

You are right that they are not on their sites, but I swear I saw the Cub Cadet at my dealer. I don't know. :confused2:

There maybe some left over from when they were made still in there warehouse or whatever and dealers could have some still on the floors that haven't sold so it's possible you may have seen one.

metz12

metz12

I just saw one on craigslist yesterday but when i just went over to put on this site they took it off so they must of sold it. the ad said something about he used it for his lawncare business until he made enough money to buy a ztr.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

In post #29 of this thread a user posted a pic of that mower: http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/general-mower-discussion/10747-kohler-courage-really-bad-3.html.

Ric

Ric

I don't know the reason the I series Cub Cadet or the JD were dropped but the next time I go to the dealer I'll ask the owner and find out.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I don't know the reason the I series Cub Cadet or the JD were dropped but the next time I go to the dealer I'll ask the owner and find out.

OK thanks....I am curious to hear the answer.

Ric

Ric

OK thanks....I am curious to hear the answer.

I just talked to the owner on the phone and he said there was nothing wrong with the mower that it was a good machine and the problem was that it was priced way way to high, so high that people would buy the ZTR instead so do to that fact the sales on the I series were very low so they just stopped the production.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I just talked to the owner on the phone and he said there was nothing wrong with the mower that it was a good machine and the problem was that it was priced way way to high, so high that people would buy the ZTR instead so do to that fact the sales on the I series were very low so they just stopped the production.

Oh, interesting....thanks for checking!

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

The user who started this thread (wanting a larger mower but his boss wouldn't pay for it) said he bought a Lesco 32 for $500 (he wrote a visitor message to me). I told him to post a pic of it here, so hopefully he does.

Ric

Ric

The user who started this thread (wanting a larger mower but his boss wouldn't pay for it) said he bought a Lesco 32 for $500 (he wrote a visitor message to me). I told him to post a pic of it here, so hopefully he does.

You know what a lesco mower is don't you?

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

You know what a lesco mower is don't you?

Yes....a walk-behind....pretty much John Deere, why?

Ric

Ric

Yes....a walk-behind....pretty much John Deere, why?

Yea I think JD owns them now or they did but I don't believe they sell them anymore. People said the Lesco was a Cub Cadet painted green. I believe that it was originally made by Cub Cadet. I'd like to see a picture of the Lesco. Here's a write up.

Cub Cadet Zero Turn Mowers: Review of Lesco Z-Two

The Cub Cadet zero turn mowers are the same as the Lesco Z-Two. Don't get confused by the Z-Two's green color. While Lescoç—´ main business is fertilizer, it resells the Cub Cadet mower under the Lesco brand name and a green coat of paint.
If you plan on buying a Lesco Z-Two mower, Lesco has been bought out by John Deere Landscapes. Many stores no longer sell mowers or do repairs. They are focusing on just selling chemicals and landscape materials. Parts availability and service could be an issue.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Yea I think JD owns them now or they did but I don't believe they sell them anymore. People said the Lesco was a Cub Cadet painted green. I believe that it was originally made by Cub Cadet. I'd like to see a picture of the Lesco. Here's a write up.

Cub Cadet Zero Turn Mowers: Review of Lesco Z-Two

The Cub Cadet zero turn mowers are the same as the Lesco Z-Two. Don't get confused by the Z-Two's green color. While Lesco痴 main business is fertilizer, it resells the Cub Cadet mower under the Lesco brand name and a green coat of paint.
If you plan on buying a Lesco Z-Two mower, Lesco has been bought out by John Deere Landscapes. Many stores no longer sell mowers or do repairs. They are focusing on just selling chemicals and landscape materials. Parts availability and service could be an issue.

Oh, I didn't know they are the same as Cub Cadets.
Here is a general picture of a Lesco walk-behind until user Dale hawley and associate posts a pic of his.
lesco.jpg
(http://www.circletractor.com/pages/PublicMedia/GetMedia/100084898)

Ric

Ric

lesco.jpgG13361.jpg

Check out the similarity, there the same mower, Deck, Belt cover with name, side belt cover, wheels, the cub is a G1336. Just click on the photos to enlarge.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

View attachment 10203View attachment 10204

Check out the similarity, there the same mower, Deck, Belt cover with name, side belt cover, wheels, the cub is a G1336. Just click on the photos to enlarge.

Oh, yeah....they are the same. Which is the more expensive version....the Cub Cadet?

Ric

Ric

Oh, yeah....they are the same. Which is the more expensive version....the Cub Cadet?

My guess would be the Cub Cadet Version. That's not to say that the Lesco isn't a real good mower.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

My guess would be the Cub Cadet Version. That's not to say that the Lesco isn't a real good mower.

I would like to hear how he likes it if he gets to use it a couple times, and I also would like to see the picture of it. Hopefully he logs back into LMF so he can see our posts.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

The user who started this thread visitor-messaged me asking this:
question.jpg

Which one do you think is better? I asked him about the Lesco he bought and he said:
The lesco i bought is broken and parts are slow i havent been mowing for 2 weeks so i need a back up one that is cheap so i dont know whick one
honda engine red hawk.jpg honda engine world lawn.jpg

S

soulman

They have not made the zero turn John Deere SST since 2003.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

They have not made the zero turn John Deere SST since 2003.

They probably weren't having good enough sales, but I would think people would like them! It's a good concept!

Ric

Ric

They probably weren't having good enough sales, but I would think people would like them! It's a good concept!

It is a good concept, the problem is it's not cost effective when it's next to a ZTR. They need to figure out how to bring down the price but in doing so would create the domino effect for the price of the tractors below, that's why they discontinued the I series cub and other zero turn tractors.