Mower loses RPM's like a switch was flipped

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
I use brass shim stock between the coil and flywheel magnet, it comes in various thicknesses, non magnetic and reusable usually.

Mr. G

Threads
Thanks for the replies guys. I'll look at the module again, but I did not see any way for it to be adjusted. The manual shows the slide rails(model SV740) but my model (SV735-S) did not have any rails. I have the DSAI, which makes the price of the coil go way up.
I understand the process of testing the coil, but I just don't see how the module is supposed to move. It's 105 heat index here, at some point I'll try to get another look. Even if they don't adjust, I'll disconnect the kill wire and check for a spark.
But the problem has been random from the start. Even after I caught the right side not sparking, when it acted up I shut it off and put a spark tester on the wire, saw no spark, pulled the tester off, started it back up, it ran fine for the next hour. I got the grass cut and it was still running fine. The next day 5 minutes after start, it started acting up again, but random. It would come back up to full song, run that way for a while, then drop RPM's again, just sitting running in the driveway not moving.
While trying to cut the grass, I've caught the right side with no spark 3 different times, the left side always had a spark.
I'll update after I try again. Thanks for the help.

Mr. G

Threads
Problem solved!!
Thanks for the help guys, I would have gotten no where without Rivets.
I put the new ignition module (coil) on, $101. There is no way to adjust the coils, they are a fixed amount away from the magnet. It fired up and ran with no problems for 2 1/2 hours. I think we've fixed it.