Mower Jack

RustyBoy

Threads
Just noticed that Harbor Freight has a mower jack on sale for $99 in the store and $89 online. Ordered one online as shipping is only $6.99. And if you happen to have one of their coupons, you can apply that also as I did. Thought I would try it as it's much less expensive than the popular MoJack but I'm certain the quality wouldn't be nearly as good as the MoJack.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just noticed that Harbor Freight has a mower jack on sale for $99 in the store and $89 online. Ordered one online as shipping is only $6.99. And if you happen to have one of their coupons, you can apply that also as I did. Thought I would try it as it's much less expensive than the popular MoJack but I'm certain the quality wouldn't be nearly as good as the MoJack.

Several users have bought the Harbor Freight model and it seems very similar to the MoJack(and less expensive). If I had known about it before buying my MoJack I may have gotten it instead and saved myself a few dollars. The MoJack is nice as well!!

RustyBoy

Threads
Hello again! Not sure which thread but you mentioned you jack the rear of your mower with a car jack under the engine. I looked and could not locate a jacking point other than the bottom of the engine/heat shield. Is the bottom of this shield the point where you jacked the back of the mower? Thanks,

BTW, Rusty Boy happens to be the name of my rescue Dobie.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello again! Not sure which thread but you mentioned you jack the rear of your mower with a car jack under the engine. I looked and could not locate a jacking point other than the bottom of the engine/heat shield. Is the bottom of this shield the point where you jacked the back of the mower? Thanks,

BTW, Rusty Boy happens to be the name of my rescue Dobie.

Nope, I would NOT recommend using the heat shield. It's been a while and I'll have to look but I'm pretty certain that I was able to get the floor jack all the way under the deck(with it completely raised to the highest setting), in front of the rear tire and got the jack positioned on the frame to the side of the engine compartment. I would be careful not to jack it up using anything except the frame.

RustyBoy

Threads
Nope, I would NOT recommend using the heat shield. It's been a while and I'll have to look but I'm pretty certain that I was able to get the floor jack all the way under the deck(with it completely raised to the highest setting), in front of the rear tire and got the jack positioned on the frame to the side of the engine compartment. I would be careful not to jack it up using anything except the frame.

Ok, maybe I shouldn't think of raising it all. I asked as I was thinking of doing the service on the trans. when the time comes. But maybe I'll just let the dealer do the work. Just did my first oil change at just under 8 hours.