Mower Grinds into Drive not into reverse

jbudner24

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Troy Bilt Riding mower recently removed the deck for snow plow. Well since no snow, I re-installed the deck. Now when I put it into forward it grinds then goes in gear hard. No issue going into reverse, but moving the shifter seems rough or hard going into forward. Any ideas?
Model # 13an77bs011

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Drive belt not slipping while clutch/brake is depressed. Check it and if you replace it don't installed an after market drive belts.

jbudner24

Forum Newbie
Threads
not the case. I dont see it slipping. It is hard to, well seems hard to get into forward but it does go, but grinds then it pops into gear

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Welcome to the forum.
Usually this is due to wear in the control arm causing sloppy shifting or wear on the drive side thrust washer inside the transmission.
There are a lot of variations so please post the actual model number from the ID tag under the seat .'Should be 13???????? or 14?????????
Depending if it is a lawn tractor or garden tractor.
Once we have the actual model number we can find the parts list so every one know what we are all talking about.

IT s a very simple system for changing FNR just a few too many variations to be more specific at this point in time

jbudner24

Forum Newbie
Threads
the model# is Model # 13an77bs011

jbudner24

Forum Newbie
Threads
Welcome to the forum.
Usually this is due to wear in the control arm causing sloppy shifting or wear on the drive side thrust washer inside the transmission.
There are a lot of variations so please post the actual model number from the ID tag under the seat .'Should be 13???????? or 14?????????
Depending if it is a lawn tractor or garden tractor.
Once we have the actual model number we can find the parts list so every one know what we are all talking about.

IT s a very simple system for changing FNR just a few too many variations to be more specific at this point in time
model# Model # 13an77bs011

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Usually internal transaxle drive problems are where it won't stay in gear. Plus the OP mis understood my comment about slippage. See if the drive is moving while the clutch is depressed it is NOT slipping as it should; therefore the input shaft is turning and not allowing the transaxle internal clutch collar to slip into matching recess in the forward 42 tooth gear which is harder at higher engine speeds. Now if the these are worn enough you get the transalxe into gear but it will not stay in gear.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Try putting it into gear with the deck down low.