Mower for PA slope? Zero turn? Self propelled push mower?

nanobooboo

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Mower for PA slope? Zero turn? Self propelled push mower?
Hi, I'm from SC so never mowed anything that wasn't flat. Have a good sized yard around the house that sits on a hill. Guessing around half an acre or so. What's the consensus? I have a zero turn SCAG that has the perpetually leaking B&S 25hp commercial; great mower otherwise. Suggestion box is open!

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Hi, I'm from SC so never mowed anything that wasn't flat. Have a good sized yard around the house that sits on a hill. Guessing around half an acre or so. What's the consensus? I have a zero turn SCAG that has the perpetually leaking B&S 25hp commercial; great mower otherwise. Suggestion box is open!
A half acre is not a big yard. Zero turn mowers work great on hills and slopes. A self-propelled mower would be fine too for a half acre.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Try the leaking Scag out. If it handles the terrain, think about repairing or replacing the engine on it.

TonyPrin

Threads
Generally, I would suggest a self-propelled mower for 1/2 acre. But you already have a zero turn that should easily handle your need I suggest you stick with that. You should consider a self-propelled push mower for areas the zero turn can't handle well.