Mower deck spindle greasing

bankershrs

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2014 Broadmoor, model 2691178, 52 in deck. How can I tell when I have pumped enough grease into the blade spindle grease zerks? The usual sign of grease oozing out somewhere isn't present, at least not from the top of the deck.

platefire

Threads
Yes, you might need to look under the deck. It's going to follow the least path of resistance.
Wherever that might be

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
On the underside of the deck on the side of each is a grease relief that grease will come out when the spindle is full.

bankershrs

Forum Newbie
Threads
On the underside of the deck on the side of each is a grease relief that grease will come out when the spindle is full.
Makes sense, thanks. Guess I'll jack up the front end of my tractor when I grease so I can see the underside of my spindles.

bankershrs

Forum Newbie
Threads
While it's up , grease the front axle pivot bearing that may have never been greased .
Thanks for the tip. Simplicity is new to me after 20 years of Cub Cadet. Totally different animal, especially the deck. I'm retired and have time to spend on the learning curve. The owners manual sucks, relying on these forums and You Tube to learn.

Lawn Addict
Threads
You're in the right place.. Many here know their stuff very well. ..

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Makes sense, thanks. Guess I'll jack up the front end of my tractor when I grease so I can see the underside of my spindles.
Or just raise deck all the way and look under deck for grease coming out with a flashlight.