Mower deck on LTX1050 doesn't have much height

sofasurfer

Threads
Cub Cadet LTX1050. Deck lift lever has something like 12 positions. But in the highest position it still cuts really short like a couple of inches. Is this about right or not. I have a really deep lawn to cut and I would like to start out by cutting it 3 or 4 inches long. It will ve a strain to cut it at 2 inches. What your opinion? Am I messing something or is there an adjustment I need to make?

cruzenmike

Threads
if I were you I would start with consulting the manual to find out which setting on the deck height adjuster corresponds to a specific hiding cut. Once you sent the deck height to that setting then measure on a flat concrete surface with a measuring tape the distance between the ground and the tip of the blade closest to the discharge chute. If that measurement is off then you will need to use the deck leveling adjusters both in the front of the mower deck and on the back and which there are two in order to bring the deck up higher to match the correct height of cut for the setting on your adjuster. If I remember correctly this mower should be cutting at around 4" on the highest setting. and if you make any changes to the height of cut be sure to level the deck both front-to-back and side-to-side per the owner's manual.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Check the front back height adjustment.
The front drag link mount gets bent backwards so the front is too far down so only the back moves