Mower Clicks and Clicks

wildbill

Threads
Had the same thing happen 'bout 2 years ago. After cursing the 'cheap' batteries, buying a new starter, and cursing some more, I decided to check ALL the contacts from the battery to the starter, including the ground wire....... and that was where my problem was..... the ground wire on the battery is bolted to the frame under the rear fender. Even though the bolt was tight to the frame, there was corrosion and it had insulated the wire from having good continuity..... that simple..... easy to fix..... hard to find.

fastback

Threads
I have had an on going problem with my 96 18.5 Kohler Magnum. The starter drags, the quick fix is to use a spray lub. on the starter drive and shaft. I have to do this twice per season or so. At one point I turned new bushings for the starter and that worked for a couple of years. When you try to start the motor the starter spins but its not fast enough to engage the drive. If you jump it, it works Ok. BTW, when I buy batteries I always get 330 CCA or better they put out more amps and last longer. I usually get between 4 and 5 years on a bat.