Walk behind mower bogs down

cowboy79108

Forum Newbie
Threads
my torogts5 bogs down and the govenor is not working anyone give me an idea why

Blaine B.

Threads
Perhaps the carburetor has a fuel delivery problem, or the governor is not adjusted properly. Or the throttle linkage and/or governor tensioner spring are not hooked up properly?

You can loosen the screw that connects the governor to the governor arm and try to adjust the arm. I believe you are supposed to leave the governor stationary while you push the arm to open the throttle open 100% and then tighten the screw, but that method of adjustment doesn't always work. I just adjusted a Craftsman (w/ Tecumseh motor) last weekend and I just had to fiddle with it for about two minutes until I found an appropriate adjustment that worked great.

bt3

Threads
I had this problem with my LawnBoy. There was a lot of crud built up under the pivot point of the Governor Wind Vane and it was not rotating freely. I had to spray the daylights out of the pivot point with Carb Cleaner and then shot some Liquid Wrench on that joint to allow the Vane to work properly. May not be your problem, but thought I would mention it. Sometimes gunk builds up on the outside of Carbs and causes issues with moving parts like Governors.