Moving a Zero turn

ih784

Threads
Good evening,

does anyone know of a way to move a zero turn mower that doesn’t have a bypass feature that works? I’d like to drag it on my trailer but the hydros are engaged.

Thanks!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Every ZTR has a bypass
If you sent the make & model some one will know what hydros are fitted & how to bypass them

ih784

Threads
Yes. These have two bars that go to two levered. One on each side. I can’t get the LH side to go into bypass. I’ve turned the bar into an oval shape pulling it straight back to get one of the notches to lock on the frame.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes. These have two bars that go to two levered. One on each side. I can’t get the LH side to go into bypass. I’ve turned the bar into an oval shape pulling it straight back to get one of the notches to lock on the frame.
If it won’t lock into place, take a small pair of locking pliers on the bypass lever, when you pull it back. The pliers should hold the shaft against the frame.

ih784

Threads
I like where you’re going with that and it’s what I’m trying to do. However, the tow link is a piece of flat steel. Here’s a picture of it.

1662206200080.jpeg

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Sounds like the disengage shaft on the transaxle is partial frozen up from water damage. Disengage the brakes and slowly winch the mower onto the trailer while having someone to hold both motion forward or reverse depending which end is going on the trailer first may also help.

I recently had to unload and move a Hustler ZTR because both hydros were bent to where they were rubbing on the frame. That required a floor jack to get it off the trailer and to move to the repair location. Now of course I have an asphalt driveway so that helped once it was off the trailer. I also use a sheet of plywood to get jack to roll down the ramp.

That mower was actually damaged by the customer's wife when she attempt to push the mower onto the trailer but instead she drop the bucket on the rear of the mower. Started out just needing a drive belt but there was a lot more damage afterwards.

ih784

Threads
Nice. This thing has never had anything past morning dew on it. The reason I can’t pull the bar back far enough is because the geometry of the frame is off. It started out as a cracked rear bracket that bolts up the hydro gear axle. When I replaced all the brackets, the bracket that broke is 1/2-3/4 of a hole off from the axle housing. It will go into bypass, I simply have no way to keep it there. I guess I could safetywire the bar back some kinda way. I didn’t know if anyone could give me some other ideas lol.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Nice. This thing has never had anything past morning dew on it. The reason I can’t pull the bar back far enough is because the geometry of the frame is off. It started out as a cracked rear bracket that bolts up the hydro gear axle. When I replaced all the brackets, the bracket that broke is 1/2-3/4 of a hole off from the axle housing. It will go into bypass, I simply have no way to keep it there. I guess I could safetywire the bar back some kinda way. I didn’t know if anyone could give me some other ideas lol.
Zip tie?

ih784

Threads
There’s nothing to zip tie it to. Bracket has since been replaced and it’s harder to pull back now than before.

Attachments

• 77EC9683-CD62-4D60-8114-E3E9F71260A2.jpeg
    77EC9683-CD62-4D60-8114-E3E9F71260A2.jpeg
    81.4 KB · Views: 4