Motor won’t start after hitting stump

Csta11

Forum Newbie
Threads
Series 1000 cub cadet. Hit a tree stump and motor stopped and will not start. Keyway is intact. Piston moves when engine is turned over bottom pulley moves normally. Any suggestions?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
will it fire if you spray starting fluid into the carburetor?
post the model info of the tractor and engine.
tractor info is under the seat, should have a Kohler engine, so the Model and Spec number will be on a sticker on the engine.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Now this might sound stupid but we need the actual model number from the serial number tag?

Normally riders do not do engine damage when hitting stump with the blades but there can other damage done depending on how hard of hit the mower took. Might even damage one of the safety switches/

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Flywheel key.

Intact doesn't mean anything other than someone see's it there. Have you removed the key and inspected it with good vision? I need readers so that is where proper vision deal comes in. Is the flywheel rotated even just a smidge where it doesn't belong?

We've all helped several guys that claim the same deal. Key is mint. Come to find out the key was hurt and the flywheel was off.

Old timers meaning wise men would walk the property prior to mowing as to not have these issues. Doesn't cost anything either. Might even lose a pound or so??

v4n5b1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Series 1000 cub cadet. Hit a tree stump and motor stopped and will not start. Keyway is intact. Piston moves when engine is turned over bottom pulley moves normally. Any suggestions?
Did you take the fly wheel Off ? I had one the the key looked great from the top but was gone underneath.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Did you take the fly wheel Off ? I had one the the key looked great from the top but was gone underneath.
Say it again.....

srsvii

Forum Newbie
Threads
I agree about the flywheel key. I've removed them and thought they were perfect, no marks but on reinstall they were not. If I had an question, due to sudden stops, etc. I always replaced the key. It's cheap and saves time in the long run.

kjonxx

Threads
My thoughts also flywheel must be pulled.