Mosin Nagant

rer

Threads
Can anyone tell me about the Mosin Nagant 91/30 . It is on sale at Cabellas for 99.99 with accessories and bayonet. Is this a good price or would the gun show have a better deal?:confused:

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
If that's what you want it's not a bad price, depending on condition. Do you know what that gun is?

It's more of a collectors item, a wall hanger, although fully functional, it may not be very accurate and has significant recoil (no recoil pad with this one).
Quality ammunition can be expensive and difficult to find unless you load your own.
If you just want something to take to the range now and then and a piece of history in your house.... buy it, it may very well apreciate.

Oddball

Threads
That's a good price if its in decent shape. I've got a Model 44 Carbine version of the Mosin Nagant and its a sweet little shooter. I bought it mainly for collection, but I did shoot a magazine full through it just to see how it shoots and to be sure it was shootable. The 7.62 x 54R cartridge the 91/30 shoots is about equivalent to the .308 Winchester in terms of ballistics. Here's a link to more info on the Mosin-Nagant rigfles.
A Brief Overview of the Mosin-Nagant Rifle

rer

Threads
Thanks for the info. I missed out on the deal this time around. I took a look and they were real nice and a very smooth bolt. As for the gun show they ran 125 up to 175 with no ammo pouch or sling.

tarantula

Forum Newbie
Threads
Go check it out at the store and see if you like it, then order from these guys....

Mosin Nagant.

I enjoy c/r rifles also but don't care much for the mosin nagant. just my 2 cents.