mojack vs jungle jack vs harbor freight atv lift

ottoslanding

Threads
52" Scag Wildcat with the liquid cooled Kawasaki.

I finally capitulated and made a decision.

:laughing:

As much as I would love a mojack pro they are 450 bucks to the door. If I thought I needed one or if future experience tells me I need one, I'll go that way.

:licking:

$71.67(everything included shipped to my house with the 25% off coupon) lift at harbor freight. 300 Lb capacity.

:thumbsup:

High Lift Riding Mower / ATV Jack

:rolleyes:

My concern was the weight so I decided to jack the front end up and set the front wheel on a bathroom scale with the entire front end in the air. The scale I have is one of those high end mechanical ones the doctors use for fat people. It goes up to 300 Lbs.

:drool:

The 52" Wildcat with the air cooled kawasaki front end weighed in at 253Lbs.

The jack is rated to 300 Lbs so I am good to go.

:dance1:

I'll check back with a review when I get the thing put together and put it through the off season maintenance paces.

:cool2:

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads

As much as I would love a mojack pro they are 450 bucks to the door. If I thought I needed one or if future experience tells me I need one, I'll go that way.

$71.67(everything included shipped to my house with the 25% off coupon) lift at harbor freight. 300 Lb capacity.

My concern was the weight so I decided to jack the front end up and set the front wheel on a bathroom scale with the entire front end in the air. The scale I have is one of those high end mechanical ones the doctors use for fat people. It goes up to 300 Lbs.

I'll check back with a review when I get the thing put together and put it through the off season maintenance paces.

I use one of the Harbor Freight ones all of the time for my Kubota ZG 222. I am not sure what it weighs but it handles it fine.

ottoslanding

Threads

I received the lift via Fed Ex and the fella took it off the truck. It was not that heavy. I think the shipping weight came in at 73 Lbs. A two hander for me.

Here are the pics of the box and unpacked and then assembled. The instructions were fairly straightforward.

The first pic I took at 5:54 pm and the last pic was taken at 6:35 Pm. 41 minutes.

I am guessing that now that I have put one together and if I was not taking pictures and emailing them to myself, I could probably put the thing together in 15 minutes.

I have not used it yet but when I do I will follow up with pics and my first impressions.

Attachments

• photo (24).JPG
    photo (24).JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 35
  • photo (25).JPG
    photo (25).JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 19
  • photo (26).JPG
    photo (26).JPG
    48 KB · Views: 21
  • photo (27).JPG
    photo (27).JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 25
  • photo (28).JPG
    photo (28).JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 26
  • photo (29).JPG
    photo (29).JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 43

plateauman57

Threads
Any idea the wheel width on a turf tiger with a 61" deck is? I had a smaller mojack which wouldn't quite work with my turf tiger and am looking to get something else. Am out of town now and there is a harbor freight where I'm at so I could pick one up.

chobbs1957

Threads
I received the lift via Fed Ex and the fella took it off the truck. It was not that heavy. I think the shipping weight came in at 73 Lbs. A two hander for me.

Here are the pics of the box and unpacked and then assembled. The instructions were fairly straightforward.

The first pic I took at 5:54 pm and the last pic was taken at 6:35 Pm. 41 minutes.

I am guessing that now that I have put one together and if I was not taking pictures and emailing them to myself, I could probably put the thing together in 15 minutes.

I have not used it yet but when I do I will follow up with pics and my first impressions.

I bought one just like yours about a month ago, have used it four times. I like it just fine. The wheel bracket adjustment wriggles from the last saved position when I tilt it to roll and put back up in the shed, but that's okay.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I believe I read in the instructions that it says to lock the brakes on the mower before lifting. If you do it is a good possibility that the jack will pull the mower out of the wheel brackets. I find that it needs to be on a legal surface with the brakes unlocked to raise and lower the mower.

chobbs1957

Threads
I believe I read in the instructions that it says to lock the brakes on the mower before lifting. If you do it is a good possibility that the jack will pull the mower out of the wheel brackets. I find that it needs to be on a legal surface with the brakes unlocked to raise and lower the mower.

That's true, it does say that. I use mine on dirt, and found that with the brakes locked, it won't let up. No problem, I lock the brakes once it's up.

I couldn't understand why it wouldn't let down! :mad: DUH! :confused2: With the brake locking the rear wheels and the dirt binding the rollers on the mower lift, there is nothing to give! So, I released the brake and it goes right down.