model 10735 running rich/surges/pops

rb69

Forum Newbie
Threads
New to me a 1993 Lawnboy model # 10735 2 stroke. Running the opti 2 cycle oil, just as i do in my other 2 cycle equipment
Engine starts and runs ,but runs rich/ and surges.
I have a new RJ12c spark plug in it and have blown out the were the air/altitude screw goes into the carb. and made adjustments to it with some minor results.
It mows ok, but doesn't rev up as it should when it pulls a load. Even sitting in the drive it still won't rev up even when moving the wind vien part on the carb.

Thanks
Randy

impalass

Threads
New to me a 1993 Lawnboy model # 10735 2 stroke. Running the opti 2 cycle oil, just as i do in my other 2 cycle equipment
Engine starts and runs ,but runs rich/ and surges.
I have a new RJ12c spark plug in it and have blown out the were the air/altitude screw goes into the carb. and made adjustments to it with some minor results.
It mows ok, but doesn't rev up as it should when it pulls a load. Even sitting in the drive it still won't rev up even when moving the wind vien part on the carb.

Thanks
Randy
Check the float.

rb69

Forum Newbie
Threads
finally had a chance to work on it again.
changed the cork?? seat and also the needle and swapped the float out. Runs as it should now.

Thanks

rb69

Forum Newbie
Threads
spring has finally here. Mower took alittle to get started, but seemed to run ok and started to pop alittle & I shut it off .. It was running out of gas, refilled it and now seems to be running rich and won't gain rpm's. It runs and surges, but low on rpm's and power.
Dirt in a jet??? adjusting the screw does nothing to clear it up.

Any suggestions??

Thanks

rb69

Forum Newbie
Threads
I took the carb. apart and used carb, cleaner to flush things out and small wire to run thru small passages. Still runs at lower rpm's and won't rev up & still lopes while it runs.
Sprayed carb. cleaner around carb. base gaskets and it didn't affect anything, but when sprayed in between carb and crank seal it slows down and if continue to spray it kills it. Plug is black rich looking. Always thought if crank seal was bad it would run lean. Tried shutting off gas and when it's running out it will start to pop while running.

sorry for the long rant, but it's got me stumped

Thanks

robinb66

Threads
I took the carb. apart and used carb, cleaner to flush things out and small wire to run thru small passages. Still runs at lower rpm's and won't rev up & still lopes while it runs.
Sprayed carb. cleaner around carb. base gaskets and it didn't affect anything, but when sprayed in between carb and crank seal it slows down and if continue to spray it kills it. Plug is black rich looking. Always thought if crank seal was bad it would run lean. Tried shutting off gas and when it's running out it will start to pop while running.

sorry for the long rant, but it's got me stumped

Thanks

Change the gasket between the crank and carb also you might need to replace the seals, it's dying when you use the carb cleaner because there is a leak and the carb cleaner is entering the crankcase and flooding the system out!!

beg

Threads
had the same problem with mine and it was the carb gaskets

rb69

Forum Newbie
Threads
I replaced both the carb base gaskets and put a new cj 14 plug in and started right up and mowed good for 20- 30 minutes, then started acting up , now doesn't want to do much but idle at a lower than normal rpm.
Sounds like next step is the lower crank bearing...
On the mixture screw on the carb. Is it leaning the mixture when its turn in?

Thanks