Engine Mobile 1 Extended Service

Boudreaux

Threads
The Kawasaki manual oil type calls for a detergent oil (API service SF, SG, SH, SJ or SL ).

I just got this off the Kawasaki Web Site. Look like Kawasaki supports the idea of 10w30 synthetic oils.... Kawasaki has such an oil in their stable.....

"10W-30 synthetic blend oil provides ultimate performance and protection in both low and high temperature applications, including cold-weather startup"

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I just got this off the Kawasaki Web Site. Look like Kawasaki supports the idea of 10w30 synthetic oils.... Kawasaki has such an oil in their stable.....

"10W-30 synthetic blend oil provides ultimate performance and protection in both low and high temperature applications, including cold-weather startup"

Kawasaki is no different than Honda or Briggs, Kohler or any other company, they all make or have there own oils if you want to use them., I believe theirs is called K-Tech and sure they want you to run there stuff. What I posted is what the operators manual from the manufacturer states and it says nothing about synthetic use. It says or calls for a detergent oil (API service SF, SG, SH, SJ or SL ). Now Kohler states the same thing but it also states in a sub paragraph that says synthetic can be used in there engines if you choose but only after 50 hours or regular motor oil use for break in purposes. Personally you can run what ever pops your cork I could care less but while the machine is under warranty I'll do what the manufacturer says to do and if I don't have any problems I'll keep doing what it says, I've always figured they know more about there stuff than I do.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads

10W-30 synthetic "blend" with blend being the key word. Judging by the price of synthetic blends compared to regular petroleum based oils, there isn't a lot of synthetic in the blend. Kawasaki still has not as yet committed to full synthetic oils and I haven't seen any Kawi 10W-30 synthetic blend oil at any local power equipment dealers, so I think that the blend oil is fairly recent from Kawasaki.
Ford supplies 5W-20 synthetic blend and recommends it in my E 350 van and that is what I use.
Mad Mackie in CT

Last edited:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
10W-30 synthetic "blend" with blend being the key word. Judging by the price of synthetic blends compared to regular petroleum based oils, there isn't a lot of synthetic in the blend. Kawasaki still has not as yet committed to full synthetic oils and I haven't seen any Kawi 10W-30 synthetic blend oil at any local power equipment dealers, so I think that the blend oil is fairly recent from Kawasaki.
Ford supplies 5W-20 synthetic blend and recommends it in my E 350 van and that is what I use.
Mad Mackie in CT

Ford was using the the 5w20 synthetic blend in my 2006 XLT but they have gone to the Motorcraft SAE 5w-20 full synthetic in the New trucks with there newer engines.
[h=2][/h]