Max RPM's too low- How do I turn it up?

HPP Mechanic

Forum Newbie
Hello, I have a 1983-1984 Simplicity 5216H that I rescued. Had not been run in years. Ive got it running good now and mowed with it a few times. I plan on snow blowing with it this winter and need to get the revs up. At full throttle, no load, Im only seeing 2600rpms. I cant find any adjustment screw for WOT. The engine is an 80"s 16HP opposed twin. Whats the trick?
 
First of all make sure the throttle lever on the governor plate is against the stop when the throttle is at max travel, that is just a matter of loosening the ccable clamp and adjusting. The governor spring may be stretched as well, if it is suspect replace it.
 
model 402707-0132-01
engine code: 83420612

I can send you a Service Manual IF you like, will tell you how to adjust, not likely to have to replace anything. Address below,put in proper format and remind me engine model and what you want.

Walt Conner
wconner5 at frontier dot com
 
Back
Top